Thread: Anyone using a saw bag? (Gyokucho, also sold by Lee Valley) or similar?

Anyone using a saw bag? (Gyokucho, also sold by Lee Valley) or similar?

Lee Valley has this:

http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/pag...,42884&p=47334

which apparently is often bundled w/ a set of 4 or 5 Gyokucho saws. Just bought the 26" Ryoba from Woodcraft when it was on sale, but not having much luck in integrating it into my existing toolboxes due to its length.

Was thinking I'd just get this saw bag and hang it from the handle of the wheeled toolbox stack I've recently begun using.

Has anyone else tried this saw bag? Did it work out or no? If so, what other tools did you find fit well in the bag? If not, what were the reasons for it not working out?

I’ve had that bag for a while. I’ve carried my ryoba and two 26” Diston D8 hand saws in it. Works well, rugged. Haven’t tried anything but saws in it.

Thanks!

I guess if I don't come up with a better idea between now and just before the free shipping runs out, I'll give it a try.

(The other option would be to get a folding saw, but that just hurts after this bargain).

For me, one of my traditional carpenters tool boxes is preferred due to the rigid sides which protect the saws.

That said, the traditional ones I have built (several) are not very effective. Such are not efficient tool storage, nor have easy accessibility to the tools.

Hopefully I will build one of the better designs that carries tools efficiently. IE: hard sides to protect all the tools, fairly light weight with 1/4" plywood where possible, good access to tools, and carrying the most needed and used tools with almost no tools that are almost never used.

Stew
    Last edited by Stew Denton; 02-19-2019 at 8:29 PM.

Yeah, that's the problem. I could:

- hang the saw on the pegboard around my workbench in the basement laundry room --- then it's an extra trip
    - store it in the traditional toolchest I picked up off Craigslist --- but that's too large to carry up the basement steps, so again, an extra trip

I'm hoping the saw bag will either hang from the handle of the Husky Rolling Connect, so that it's two trips (the other is for the folding workbench and any lumber I'm cutting) or, the saw bag will hold enough tools that it functions as a toolbox in and of itself for simpler projects.... or maybe I'll just break down and get a folding saw --- anyone ever try this one? Ooyama Japanese Folding Ryoba Wood Saw, Coarse & Fine Serated 21cm Blade