Thread: Crest for a Priest

Crest for a Priest

Similar to the crests I’ve carved for the past Bishops I was asked to do a carving of this sketch ( done by an artist st the Vatican). The differences ( besides subjects) is the color of the hat and number of tassels. These variations depict “rank”
    i also carved the frame and as usual I made a template out of aluminum to copy the pattern. One thing to keep in mind is the pattern repeat has to be exact so each mitered corner matches exactly and is covered with a lead pattern as you can’t just miter this anywhere.
    Its basswood with acrylic/ enamel/gold and lawyer finishes. Overall it’s approx. 24” X 18”
    The Woodworking Studio

That's beautiful Mark. And the frame is just perfect!
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Thank you Fred!
    The Woodworking Studio

Beautiful work, Mark, all of it...the carving, paint, and frame, very special!

I appreciate it Kevin. Thank you!
    The Woodworking Studio

Incredible work.
    I’ve said it before, your carving talent blows me away!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Thank you Bruce. Your comments are always very generous.
    The Woodworking Studio

Fine work! Agree with all! But now it's time for the tough questions. Sir, who gave the order to remove the lion's
    "copying equipment "?

Hehe,, sharp eyes ! Never thought I’d become a vet and neuter a lion . Though I have had odd requests over the years...
    The Woodworking Studio