Thread: Problem w/Milwaukee 18v lithium drill/impact

Problem w/Milwaukee 18v lithium drill/impact

I recently bought a Milwaukee combo drill/impact kit. Everything's was working great until very recently. The light under the chuck on the impact driver doesn't go off (after a reasonably short time). Any thoughts? Vince

Blog Entries
    My son has a Milwaukee 18V drill that does the same thing. They do have a 5 year warranty, so take it in to be repaired. It's not something that could easily serviced by the user.

On the bright side though (pun intended), if you leave it long enough the light will eventually go out

Blog Entries
    Same thing happened to my M12 drill. It never went out unless the battery died. There is a reed switch that is triggered by a lever on the trigger for the drill motor. It may be jammed. Worth taking apart to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Pratt View Post
    My son has a Milwaukee 18V drill that does the same thing. They do have a 5 year warranty, so take it in to be repaired. It's not something that could easily serviced by the user.

On the bright side though (pun intended), if you leave it long enough the light will eventually go out
    Thanks for the info and the chuckle.

Vince,
    See my recent thread about 'modern cordless tools'. In my neck of the woods the Milwaukee 18volt drill/drivers/etc are known to have issues with the switch and associate electronics. The five year warranty has been hassle free for me so I'd second the recommendation of having it repaired.
    If I remember correctly the light on one of mine stayed one right before the switch stopped working.
    Good luck! Jeff

No issues with mine, so can't help there. Take it back for replacement or repair.