Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Craigslist -- Blue Spruce

As I don’t have a dog in this fight I’ll reply to Jessica’s comment about sensitivity on this thread. That comment is not just missing the point it is stating your opposition to it in a provocative manner.
    To paraphrase that old saying, if you don’t have anything interesting to say, don’t say it.

In summary:

OP requests subjective opinions.

Jessica posts her opinion.

The Little Old Knights of SMC waddle after her with pitchforks muttering Grandma-speak.

Ok let’s move on from this. Everyone has said their piece. Nobody lost an eye. Just let it go now.

Blog Entries
    Prashun,

Thanks for trying to keep the peace.

PHM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    Actually, IMO, your having stated your opinion of A2 saved others from having to say something similar.

My paring chisels have a bevel of ~16º. A2 doesn't work well at such a shallow angle. A2 even seems to be a bit chippy at 25º. It is something one has to live with and others seem to go for steeper sharpening angles than my preferred angles.

jtk
    +1 on Jim's comments.

I’ve had my hands on a Blue Spruce chisel one time at the first Handworks, then I handed it back to Dave Jeske. He took one of his beautiful mallets and pounded the living hell out of the chisel into a block of hard maple. He really jammed it in there and it was a struggle pulling it out. Then he pared the end grain of that block. It could still shave hair and showed no signs of the edge chipping or folding.