Thread: 6" sewer PVC fittings? Anyone have an online source for them with decent prices?

6" sewer PVC fittings? Anyone have an online source for them with decent prices?

I'm about ready to pull the plug on a new duct system and am planning on 6" sewer pipe that I can get locally. The problem is that their selection of fittings is short.

I've found 45šs online for $30 before shipping and that seems high.

Does anyone know of an online retailer with reasonable prices? (I live in the boonies.)

Thanks,

T

I am in the planning stages of ducting myself. I am leaning towards metal ducting (mostly to be able to maintain 7" runs as far as possible). Is there any way you can get access to a plumbing wholesaler in your area? That would be the best bet it seems.
    Regards,

Kris

Tony,

I just expanded my system and paid $13 before tax for 45's. I would encourage you to find a plumbing supply house somewhat local to you.

Best, Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bartley View Post
    Tony,

I just expanded my system and paid $13 before tax for 45's. I would encourage you to find a plumbing supply house somewhat local to you.

Best, Jeff
    Jeff:

Nope on the plumbing... I'll have to make a run to Missoula and it's three hours but I need some bullet lead and salt anywho... ; ) At least a gallon of glue.

Thanks,

Tony

Not sure what all type of fittings you'll need. There are 6" 45's on Amazon for $12.73 with free shipping:

https://www.amazon.com/NDS-6P03-Degr...7W1TG54K3VQER1

If you poke around some more, they probably have good prices on other fittings you might need. As an alternative, Ace Hardware has 90's for $15 and tees for $16. Unfortunately, I didn't see any 45's there, but I didn't look too hard.

https://www.acehardware.com/search?p...categoryId=308

When building my shop I found the cheapest prices and best selection of 6" (and 4") PVC fittings at the local Ace Hardware store. What they didn't have in stock they could usually get by the next day. The prices were better than the plumbing supply houses.

JKJ

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Latham View Post
    I'm about ready to pull the plug on a new duct system and am planning on 6" sewer pipe that I can get locally. The problem is that their selection of fittings is short.

I've found 45šs online for $30 before shipping and that seems high.

Does anyone know of an online retailer with reasonable prices? (I live in the boonies.)

Thanks,

T

Check your local Lowe’s store. That’s where I found all mine and they were cheaper than ordering online. Better might be a local plumbing supply but some only seem to sell to contractors on account.

I think I have it covered. The nearest Home Depot is three hours and don't have any, but are available for Internet orders and they'll ship free for orders over $45. Their 45šs are $9.

Thanks,

T

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Ragatz View Post
    Not sure what all type of fittings you'll need. There are 6" 45's on Amazon for $12.73 with free shipping:

https://www.amazon.com/NDS-6P03-Degr...7W1TG54K3VQER1
    That same Amazon sold fitting at $14US is $25US to Canadians.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Latham View Post
    Jeff:

Nope on the plumbing... I'll have to make a run to Missoula and it's three hours but I need some bullet lead and salt anywho... ; ) At least a gallon of glue.

Thanks,

Tony

Tony - you don't have your location, and I can't PM you (I don't think) because you aren't a "Contributor". I may be able to help you out depending on how big of a hurry you are in. I can buy wholesale from Mountain Supply in Missoula. I don't know but I would guess they have what you need. I am about 40 miles north of Missoula.
    Regards,

Kris

Check out Menards. I shop around and find lots of stuff cheapest at Menards. You can check out their inventory on their website.

Don't want to steal the thread but I put a whole shop together and did not use any glue. Occasional small screw where tension might cause a problem and after years of use no joint slippage or failures. If there were any micro leaks I'm sure they have clogged up with dust.

"Nope on the plumbing... I'll have to make a run to Missoula and it's three hours but I need some bullet lead and salt anywho... ; ) At least a gallon of glue."

Thanks,

Tony[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie Kopfer View Post
    Don't want to steal the thread but I put a whole shop together and did not use any glue. Occasional small screw where tension might cause a problem and after years of use no joint slippage or failures. If there were any micro leaks I'm sure they have clogged up with dust.

"Nope on the plumbing... I'll have to make a run to Missoula and it's three hours but I need some bullet lead and salt anywho... ; ) At least a gallon of glue."

Thanks,

Tony
    I did the same thing - I put my DC piping together without glue. For pipes coming down that might fall lose I drilled a pilot hole and put a small screw in. I used a form of duct tape and taped all the joints, just in case.

If I ever have to change things around, I can take the system apart without cutting any of the pipes.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Menard's has the best pricing on sewer PVC from what I have found. Also check your local True Value/Ace/Do It Best if you have them. The True Value a few blocks from my house has all kinds of sewer fittings.