Thread: Last ditch effort on 3020 / 3050 cnc rod thread count

Last ditch effort on 3020 / 3050 cnc rod thread count

Hello,

I have looked and look and can't find the answer. I am looking to make some mods to my 3040 cnc. I am one of the lucky ones, and mine has been great. But I am going to updrade it a bit, but need to know what thread, and pitch cound these things use. I have tried different off the shelf bolt sizes and can't find what size these are?

I have even 3d printed a few different bolts to see if they would fit. Any one done a thread / pitch found on these? Thanks. I don't have a guage
    Redsail x700, 50watt & Shenhui 350, 50 watt

Do you have a digital caliper with metric? You can at least get the hole diameter in mm and go shopping at the hardware store. I am assuming your talking about the frame bolts? A lot of the smaller ones are M5 or M6. When I go hardware store shopping for bolts and nuts I always buy extras for the next time. No digital calipers. you can get decent ones for $35 or less, think Amazon. When my $120 one went bad and the parts to fix were $80, I got a nice one off amazon for I think $35 or so. A 6 inch OriginCal
    Last edited by Bill George; 02-16-2019 at 12:48 PM.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    Do you have a digital caliper with metric? You can at least get the hole diameter in mm and go shopping at the hardware store. I am assuming your talking about the frame bolts? A lot of the smaller ones are M5 or M6. When I go hardware store shopping for bolts and nuts I always buy extras for the next time. No digital calipers. you can get decent ones for $35 or less, think Amazon. When my $120 one went bad and the parts to fix were $80, I got a nice one off amazon for I think $35 or so. A 6 inch OriginCal
    I am talking about the thread, and I have measured it. Also taken the nut along with me to the store and nothing fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Pace View Post
    I am talking about the thread, and I have measured it. Also taken the nut along with me to the store and nothing fit.
    If you have the diameter of the thread and if its metric I believe there is only 2 pitches.https://www.fastenermart.com/underst...fasteners.html

Not all stores cary all the complete Metric sizes and pitches. Or is is Imperial?

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Pace View Post
    Are you talking about a lead screw thread pitch?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bolton View Post
    Are you talking about a lead screw thread pitch?
    Thats what I asked early on and can not seem to get an answer, bolts like bolting together or lead screw????

lead screw. I ended up buying a threade guage and that solved my problem.