Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Modern cordless tools

I'll use a cordless tool over corded any time it's available (assuming equal performance). I don't care if I have to buy new batteries every year. I hate cords.

I started with the Dewalts back in the mid 80’s. Worked well, but clunky, and batteries didn’t last long. Moved into Panasonic drill/drivers after that with the NMH batteries, much, much better machine, and I STILL have working batteries from the early 90’s. My favorite drills still.
    I moved away from them early 2000’s for the wider product offerings from Makita- bought one of their 6-7 tool kit offerings- HUGE mistake- batteries crapped in less than a year, batteries were probably the most expensive of the available makers, drill gearcase died, etc....
    Sometime in the early 20’teens, I started buying some of the festool drills, and impacts once they moved to Lithium batteries in the 15v , 18v and 10.5 v lineups. The 15v impacts and drills are gutless wonders. The 18v is a real decent drill.
    The little CXS is fantastic for tight work and cabinet assembly.
    Bought a couple Bosch 18v and 10.5v about 6 years ago, but the 10.5 crapped out in about 2 years.
    About 4 years ago, I started buying the Milwaulkee 18v lineup in Li-Ion, and brushless. Battery life is excellent during workdays, and every other 18v tool I have added has been very good to excellent. Their 6 1/4” non brushless skilsaw has poor visual ergonomics, but cuts very well.
    Unless the batteries don’t last over the years, or the tool quality goes downhill, they will be the only “Tool Platform” I will invest in for my shop and sitework crews.
    I still use and have a soft spot for my Panasonic though-
    Hands down, the best battery technology and longevity of ANY brand offered. Just a very limited lineup of offerings in their platform.