Thread: Mirka sander meets Festool Vac

Mirka sander meets Festool Vac

I have just purchased a near-new Mirka Ceros and am interested how you connected it to your Festool vac. I have the CT26E.

The Festool 27mm bayonet does not fit the Ceros screw-in fitting. I tried a rubber coupling, which does work, but its length unbalances the sander ... compared with removing the Festool end on the Festool hose, and then screwing in this hose. The Festool hose feels so better balanced this way. However it would be a pain to remove and replace the fitting each time I want to use the Ceros. I am planning to purchase the 27mm Mirka hose for the Ceros.

The best plan is to purchase and dedicate the 27mm Mirka hose for the Ceros. Do you have a (cheaper) alternative?

Regards from Perth

Derek

We have the Mirka hoses with the cord built in. I'm not sure I'd bother with anything else.

I have been using this adapter, MKMPB0065, made by Mirka for my ceros to festool connection. It screws into the ceros and allows me to slip my festool hise on and off the ceros. It is a little harder to get on the hose compared to my festoll sanders but it works well. I am using the original festool 27mm hose not the new bayonet style.

Martin, I am unaware of the hose-cord combo you mention. Any part number or photo you can supply?

Craig, I looked up that part number. It refers to a 29mm hose. I have read that the bayonet connection, as I have, does not fit. How is the new bayonet Festool fitting different from the previous version, which you have?

Incidentally, here is a blast from the past - the ROS I have used for the past 20 years .... you can see how different it is from the Mirka Ceros. This is a Festo forefunner of the Festool ETS 150. Large and heavy, although it still works quite well ...

To deal with the transformer that comes with the Ceros, I've been able to site it inside the systainer on the CT26E ...

I do have a question about the transformer: I have also wondered about possible heat issues. The top looks like a large heat sink. How much does the transformer does heat up?

Regards from Perth

Derek

MAMV412HA

Extra characters

Thanks Martin. That hose costs almost what I paid for the Ceros sander!

Regards from Perth

Derek

Derek. There are 3 bumps inside of the bayonet hose end that lock when you twist it onto tne new sanders. The old hose end just had ribs that locked when pushed on.

I bought a fedtool pro 5 LT sander when the came out and it has the bayonet fitting. I don't like it at all. Have to keep the sander running when i disconnect the hoe or it dumps fine dust. I never had a hose fall off of one of my sanders in all the years I have had them and I use them alot on ladders. I think festool was in search a problem that did not exist.

The Pro 5 sander came with a free bayonet hose end adapter to convert my hose to bayonet, which I did not do. I just tried the bayonet hose end on my Ceros and I was able to get it on. It was tight and it does not go on as far because of the bumps inside but it felt secure. My hose goes on easier but it has years of stretching over my festool sanders and the Ceros. I would give the mirka fitting a try.

If you can find the original festool hose end you could replace the bayonet fitting with it and by the mirka adapter or modify the hose end like this: https://flairwoodworks.com/2012/01/2...ool-27mm-hose/
    I did this to my hose end and used it until mirka came out with the adapter.

Craig

I am finding myself in this situation...... My Festool Vac has the smaller, 27mm hose end. I just bought an Airvantage sander and the hose adapter I bought for this sander is designed to fit the Festool 29mm hose end. With some effort I can get the 27mm hose to fit over this sander's hose adapter, but I can imagine that over time and repeated use, the hose end will not appreciate being forced over this adapter. I'm hopeful that someone might have a solution to this dilemma?

I was very happy with my Ceros. So much so I gave one of my Festool sanders to a friend. Recently it started performing badly so I went on the website to see what there was for a warranty. Much to my surprise there is a recall on the Ceros. Apparently they can burst into flames. I mailed it back to them and they sent me a brand new Deros. It is a GREAT sander!

I just got a deros and the festool hose attaches fine. I was unaware that Mirka had other sized hoses. As far as power, I put a Festool Plug-it on the deros. I was concerned at first that the Deros uses a grounded cord and the Festool is a double insulated cord (no ground) I havent had any issues yet. I wont say its fine but it is working for me, So Far. The only reason i did this is that I am using a long festool hose with cord for all my Festool stuff I didnt want to run a seperate cord

Is your Festool hose end 29 or 27mm?

This is the adapter I bought. https://mirka-online.com/mkmpb0065-m...ros-ceros.html

Like I said, I can get the 27mm hose end to fit over the adapter, but it's not easy. I have to force it.