Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone do Concrete Patio work?

Anyone do Concrete Patio work?

Plan to have a new deck, enclosed porch and concrete patio done this spring.
    Going to hire the work done. Trying to get a ballpark figure in my head before calling a contractor.
    I have no experience in concrete work. Looking to get a ballpark figure for a 10x10 or 20x20 patio. Nothing fancy, land is close to flat.
    I know there is going to be many variable things to consider. I'm just looking for a price range to consider for my planing. I have an idea cost of the deck and enclosed porch already. Have experience in that area.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Check to see what the minimum order of concrete is. Here it's 3 yards. Most of what you will be charged for the labor will be waiting around for the different stages. 10x10 to 20x20 may be little to no difference.

A 20X 20 would be 5 yards of concrete

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M King View Post
    Check to see what the minimum order of concrete is. Here it's 3 yards. Most of what you will be charged for the labor will be waiting around for the different stages. 10x10 to 20x20 may be little to no difference.
    Thanks!
    Kinda of the information I was looking for too. Go with 20x20 if not much difference in cost over 10x10. The area I have is wide open. I can make it as small or large as I want.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Stanek View Post
    A 20X 20 would be 5 yards of concrete

Thanks
    Any idea what price range a 20 x 20 should cost from a contractor?
    - Rick Dale

In my area the job you have described (20x20) would be $5 - 7 / sq ft AFTER grading and any fill was completed.

10x10 is kinda smallish, would be more $/ ft to justify contractor coming out.

The fiberglass strand reinforcing is a good thing, BUT not so much for a barefoot traffic area.

Consider somekinda DIY pavers ?

YMMV.

Marc
    I'm pretty new here, not as as experienced as most. Please don't hesitate to correct me

I gotta add this - My pricing is taken from a 1,000 + ft 2 job cost.

Alot smaller like your patio MAY be proportionally more than I estimated.

Marc
    I'm pretty new here, not as as experienced as most. Please don't hesitate to correct me

Just from my experience-- paid to have a driveway done about 3-1/2 years ago-- Found these guys online thru a local TV station's classifieds, they had good reviews for showing up, good work and fair price-

pricing is 'about' from memory --

I had a 50' x 12' driveway done- 50' x 12' x.333' /27 =7.4 yards (yes?)- they dug out the 4" deep and forms, hired a container for the scrap dirt which I paid separately, around $400 I think it was, the concrete was in the $80 per range for 6-bag, also paid separately. And the total bill was around $3400, so roughly $2500-ish for all the labor.

d1.jpg
    d2.jpg
    They did an outstanding job
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I haven't done concrete work for many years so I don't know prices of a yard of concrete.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    Just from my experience-- paid to have a driveway done about 3-1/2 years ago-- Found these guys online thru a local TV station's classifieds, they had good reviews for showing up, good work and fair price-

pricing is 'about' from memory --

I had a 50' x 12' driveway done- 50' x 12' x.333' /27 =7.4 yards (yes?)- they dug out the 4" deep and forms, hired a container for the scrap dirt which I paid separately, around $400 I think it was, the concrete was in the $80 per range for 6-bag, also paid separately. And the total bill was around $3400, so roughly $2500-ish for all the labor.

d1.jpg
    d2.jpg
    They did an outstanding job

Thanks so much.
    Think I now have an idea what things should cost.
    - Rick Dale

As you probably know, not only can mat'l prices differ, but especially labor (contractor) prices differ on Geo location.

Can be BIG diff's.

Marc

Not up on recent pricing, but it will also depend on truck access....if the concrete truck can get to the site without busting anything (like your driveway) it will be cheaper than if they have to buggy the concrete to the site.

I would rather have a deck than a concrete patio, and I could build the deck my own self.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Andrew View Post
    I would rather have a deck than a concrete patio, and I could build the deck my own self.

I hear you.
    The concrete patio area would be next to the deck. Place to keep the grill's off the deck. Just need a small area but if cost is right may as well make it bigger for a place to sit with a fire pit.
    The deck I have now I built myself back in the last 80's or early 90's. I have always did projects like this myself in the past but life happens and projects have stacked up over the last few years to the point I have come to realize I need to hire to get things done.
    - Rick Dale

Just a random data point, from 11 years ago: ~560sqft for $10.50/sqft.

Mind you, that was for stamped concrete, and the stamping was a good chunk of the labor. They pumped it in from a curbside truck, which also probably raised the price some, but probably a lot less than the additional labor of bringing it in one wheelbarrow at a time. Prep was an additional $1800, which included demoing about 300sqft of existing patio, dig out the additional 275sqft (grass), and removing a couple of trees.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.