Thread: DeWalt Radial Arm Saw model 7770

DeWalt Radial Arm Saw model 7770

I have this saw that looks to be in good condition except the power switch is not working - buttons do not pop in/out. Part is apparently obsolete. Any idea if there is a substitute switch or possible switch repair?

B&Dsaw1.jpg

I might have one laying in a box in the garage, let me check tomorrow.

Check out the Delphi DeWalt RAS forum. Someone there will likely have the part.

Failing that, you could bypass the switch on the arm and hard-wire it to be always on. Then put a two-gang junction box on the saw cabinet, with an outlet controlled by a switch and plug the RAS into that outlet. You now have the RAS controlled by a switch.

From what folks on this forum and elsewhere have told me, the 7770 was not the 'best' of the consumer grade DeWalts, but still worth restoring and using. Construction wasn't as beefy as the older solid-arm models, but the motor with its automatic brake was very nice.

I have one of those with a dead motor. Can you post a close up of the switch?

If you are near here, you can have it for parts.

I have the complete switch and silver housing/endcap.

After a significant period of inactivity, my Dewalt RAS had the same symptoms. I removed the switch and dissembled it. Cleaned up the parts and added some silicone grease on the mechanism. The switch contacts were not in need of repair. After reassembling the switch works like new. Try it...you have nothing to lose.
    Joe