Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Delta Unisaw Platinum Edition worth $350?

And person that bought probably paid him the $400 .........

Quote Originally Posted by eugene thomas View Post
    And person that bought probably paid him the $400 .........
    Very good point.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Philip Carroll View Post
    Well, I did not get the saw. Confirmed before I left that it was still there and our deal was still in good standing. An hour into the trip I got a call that they sold it to someone else. Not happy! Wont make the mistake of advertising until I have it in my possession next time! The search continues.
    Buys like that... you contact immediately and start driving when you have the address. If you go slowly, it will be gone for sure.

Well, that's if it is worth a 4 hour drive to you. I wouldn't be so quick to spend an entire day to save a few hundred; especially when you don't even know if it really works.

Frankly though, the guy was scum to sell it to someone else after promising it to you; though there is a lot of scum out there.

Been there done that. Saw a 1950's Milwaukee Delta drill press for $150 and asked (on another forum) if it was a good deal, response was yes but it was gone when I decided to go for it. Six months later similar drill press came up for $75, it's in my shop now. Consider this a learning experience.

Hard to know. I buy stuff on cl often, and get all kinds of behavior.

It is equally possible that the person was overwhelmed with responses (some willing to pay more than asking price even), realized it was under priced, and then cancelled. Or a relative or friend learned about it and wanted it. Etc etc. A zillion possibilities.

Until its loaded and cash exchanged, the deal is not done.

If it makes you feel better, I figure a $1/ mile for travel. Dave

That's the type of deal that seldom lasts for long. It's also doubtful that it was someone from here. That was a steal and you weren't the only one undoubtedly that would have recognized that and been in touch. As others have said there are many possible scenarios. That's the type of deal that required immediate response and action. You will never know who ended up with it. That's CL for you. It's more frustrating when someone advertises something here and when you contact them and start a dialogue and then they sell it to someone else when you are ready to go see it and pick it up. Not everyone here is a straight shooter. Most are though. Just like anywhere though. Keep looking but be aware deals like that one don't pass by often. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Blue View Post
    That's the type of deal that seldom lasts for long. It's also doubtful that it was someone from here. That was a steal and you weren't the only one undoubtedly that would have recognized that and been in touch. As others have said there are many possible scenarios. That's the type of deal that required immediate response and action. You will never know who ended up with it. That's CL for you. It's more frustrating when someone advertises something here and when you contact them and start a dialogue and then they sell it to someone else when you are ready to go see it and pick it up. Not everyone here is a straight shooter. Most are though. Just like anywhere though. Keep looking but be aware deals like that one don't pass by often. Good luck.
    Ive actually run into strangers that beat me to awesome craigslist deals twice now. Last one was a single phase pm72 with the huge 40" cast iron extension wing for $300-400. Guy had it partially disassembled in his garage two weeks later when i was randomly buying something unrelated off him. I asked him about it, and it turns out he was the buyer. Its a small world out there.

9. I am not in the buy/sell tools business so while the saw was a great deal, it being a right tilt machine is a show stopper for me.

Right tilt is very interesting.

I think it is safe to say the majority of woodworkers are used to left.

Right is not bad, but different.

I run an old PM w left.. and am apprehensive to resurrect an old arn Delta/Rockwell 12/14 sitting in storage.... but I know I will love it overall and get used to the right tilt.

I hope anyway.

Lots of opinions in below link.

Marc

https://www.google.com/search?q=righ...hrome&ie=UTF-8
    I'm pretty new here, not as as experienced as most. Please don't hesitate to correct me

This is known and DOH !!!! obvious to many...

But you can tell a R from a L machine a mile away...

Just look at which direction the arc cutout in the cabinet goes.

Marc
    I'm pretty new here, not as as experienced as most. Please don't hesitate to correct me

Maybe smeone can help me here..

My early 70's Contractor PM 10" saw has the belt driven motor hanging off the back.

AFAIK.. It is NOTHING special... and it has a regular toggle on/ off switch.

Heres the question-

When I turn it off it seems to have an electric brake cuz it stops the blade in about ? 5? seconds.

I can like hear/ feel something sounding like a dynamic brake.

How is it doing that ?

THAT is also my concern about the D/R 12/14 ready in storage to revive..

WHAT will be my blade stop time on that?

AFAIR it has a factory stock 5 hp 240v motor... I think w a small mag starter.

Marc
    Last edited by Marc Jeske; 02-18-2019 at 10:01 PM.

Phillip, I would have pm'd you this but apparently with you only being a free member that's not an option. That or I am not able to find the PM tab. Either way here is a couple items that might be in your area but only guessing.

govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.AdvSearchResultsNew&kWord=table% 20saw&whichForm=vehicle&searchPg=Main