Thread: FS:Antique and Collectible Stanley Planes by John Walter, 2nd edition

FS:Antique and Collectible Stanley Planes by John Walter, 2nd edition

For sale is a paperback edition of Walter's reference book, second edition, 1996. This is the definitive reference for Stanley hand tools.

A certain online auction site lists several today, with the lowest priced at $180. A certain high volume online bookseller lists even more, with the lowest price at $139. So that's an idea of present market value.

Mine is slightly creased on the front cover and spine from light use. Otherwise, good shape with no dirt, yellow highlighting, dog ear pages, etc. I am the one and original owner.

For sale for $75. Shipping (Conus only) and insurance extra according to buyers wishes. And please, no "offers". Thank you for your consideration.

I also have the PTAMPIA books and other collector books that might be available. If interested, PM me.

Excellent reference book, someone will be happy to have it! I'd buy, but have it already.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Rozmiarek View Post
    Excellent reference book, someone will be happy to have it! I'd buy, but have it already.
    +1 on this, my copy is off the shelf about once every week or two.

To me it is tempting to have one for the shop and one for the house library.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Great timing, I've been looking for a copy locally. PM sent.
    Owner - Christopher and Co. Woodcraft and Design