Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here's someone who really wanted their tools...

Here's someone who really wanted their tools...

Here's someone who really wanted their tools...the images speak for themselves.

--

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

What will they be worth when it comes time to sell?

Quote Originally Posted by John McClanahan View Post
    What will they be worth when it comes time to sell?
    No different than any other situation...they will be worth what someone is willing to pay for them. Clearly, this worker is located in a place that delivery by road just wasn't an option.
    --

Maybe if he bought all 3 machines he got free shipping

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Bueler View Post
    Maybe if he bought all 3 machines he got free shipping
    Brings new meaning to "next day air" delivery...
    --

So I'm trying to figure out where the delivery site is, and why they chose a helicopter...
    One the photos shows a bunch of houses in the background, so the delivery site isn't way out in the boonies somewhere. And one of the photos shows a house, and the edge of what seems to be a swimming pool. The materials to build the house likely came by road, right? Or did all that arrive by helicopter too?

Don't overlook the possibility the guy works for or owns the helicopter company and using the helicopter at a grand or two an hour could be cheaper than getting a crane big enough to lift them over the house. If you have the bucks to buy three expensive machines for your poolside shop then why not use a helicopter. He might have been taking delivery of other branded machines at the same time that aren't shown too, making the use of the helicopter cost effective.

Could be on an island with complicated topography for delivery by other means.
    --

It was a statement to the neighbors. See what I can do? Resources! It is interesting seeing how those that have them choose to deploy them. Nice place. Nice tools.

Blog Entries
    I'm not seeing the image- and I do see images on other posts (I checked to be sure maybe it wasn't my browser or login.)

Based on SCM's tweet, it looks like they're in northern Italy, presumably overlooking Lago Maggiore.

Yeah, im seeing a lake in a mountainous region and not a swimming pool. Amusing part is it wasnt just one trip by helicopter, looks like the bandsaw was a separate journey. Although, i have to wonder, if you live in some italian mountain villa overlooking lake Como, why would you heli in minimax and not Felder? Joking aside, i thought the S 45n was the light duty baby brother to the MM16,20,24 saws? Why not spend the extra grand for the 16?

If I was paying helicopter delivery I’d have bought a bigger bandsaw.... just saying

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Could be on an island with complicated topography for delivery by other means.
    Island was my first thought.

The dude owning a lift helicopter company seems plausible.

The oddest part of it to me is that the helicopter looks like a Bell. I would think they'd be using a European helicopter. The guy on the ground is dressed for the job, but doesn't have a harness on, so they didn't drop him in first. Maybe he's the one they're bringing the tools for. Looks more like a rescue outfit, than a lifting service.