Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Here's someone who really wanted their tools...

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Schweizer View Post
    I'm not seeing the image- and I do see images on other posts (I checked to be sure maybe it wasn't my browser or login.)
    Don't know why, Malcolm...here's an uploaded version for you...I don't normally link to images like that, but it had a lot of detail that was better served that way.

SCM-Helo-Delivery.jpg
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Ever wonder how the bad guys manage to get all that equipment to their remote headquarters in the 007 movies? That might just be a clue

JeffD

Tom is probably right. It is probably a rescue service. I Imagine that he was suffering a serious iron deficiency. Does lumber and finished furniture have to go in and out the same way?
    Bill D

Seems to be a trend!
    photoshop on this one I’m sure.

AA13022C-FD35-416D-AA95-D6B9A0D7C03E.jpg
    Last edited by Joe Calhoon; 02-14-2019 at 9:17 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Don't know why, Malcolm...here's an uploaded version for you...I don't normally link to images like that, but it had a lot of detail that was better served that way.

SCM-Helo-Delivery.jpg

Ahhhh- it says they are in Brissago, which is an island in a lake in Switzerland. Let's just say there aren't any low-income housings there!!! Probably this wasn't much expense for this person.

That's pretty cool! I happen to be a helicopter fanatic, and a tool fanatic, so this picture makes me happy. :-)

The oddest part of it to me is that the helicopter looks like a Bell.
    Not a Bell, it's a 3 bladed machine. Probably one of the Airbus series...

Bells are 2 or 4 bladed.
    Funny, I don't remember being absent minded...

Good eye. The shape didn't look like Euro choppers that I knew anything about.

I lived in Puerto Rico two years. When you live on an island, you adapt to many things others take for granted.

No glass on the windows and right on the cliff overlooking the ocean. Beautiful. And salt air (an mosquitos) blow through your house all day. Everything rusts. Appliances do not last long (especially electronics).

I went through the process of oiling and vacuum packing all my hand tools. My wife thought I was nuts, but had I not vacuum packed them all they would have been rusted junk by the time I left. It also made packing easy when I moved back to the mainland (where all your household items sit in a container in the sun for several weeks before being delivered, so even packed candles melted.

Subtle things you dont think of until you live it. But if you want to do something, you have to figure out a way (and eat the $$ of it).

'Gotta chuckle that the conversation has turned to the "flying tool"...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

World's largest delivery drone! Once in Louisville, I watched rooftop heating units being set using a helicopter. Helicopter leaked hydraulic oil, so it was lift a unit, add hydraulic oil, the lift another, and repeat'. Building was too big to use a crane to reach points on the roof. When I worked for metal building contractor, we built a building for a power plant on the ground, and then helicopter lifted it to the 180' level for installation. Had to use jumper cables to discharge static before grabbing the building.