Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hammer K3 Blade Lift Problem

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Parks View Post
    . Lubricating the ACME thread on the shaft will also lubricate the front block it runs through so that is not a problem.
    Hi Chris,

First, thanks for documenting all this.
    My question, and maybe it's just a difference between a K3 and a C3, but I have a C3-41 and when I open the top (as you might to change the blade) I can't even see the shaft in order to clean/lube it. How are you accessing it?

The shaft which controls the angle of the blade is easily accessed, but the shaft for the height adjustment is blocked by the scoring blade arbor/housing, the dust collection chute, and some other parts whose names I don't yet know. Are you just reaching under/around and performing the operation blind?

Ed, all access is from the operator end of the machine via a removeable panel to the right of the winder handle on the K3. This allows you to reach into the cabinet and lubricate the acme winding thread that does the lifting when the handle is turned. The block that I drilled is accessed after removing the winder handle, it is brass and can be seen from the front of the machine. The roll pin that the handle goes onto has to be removed first then the circlip and washer after that. You need to be fairly violent with the roll pin as it is a very tight fit but that won't hurt it because it is made of spring steel and it is very hard. If the pin became damaged they are a common thing to buy but I have had mine out twice using a big hammer and not even marked it. Felder need to get their act together and provide a lubrication point on the block as a lot of owners have this problem. You might need a long series drill bit as well if you haven't already got one so the hole can be drilled parallel to the shaft.
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening