Thread: Stanley #113, Stanley #10 1/2, Bedrock 605C

Stanley #113, Stanley #10 1/2, Bedrock 605C

I'm moving shops, I'm a little shocked how much the plane collection has grown in the last few years, so figured I'd list a few here to see if anyone needs the extras rather than move them again. These all came from the same old guy, he took really good care of his stuff, but it hadn't been used in a while. He was generous with some rust preventative coating, I've used denatured alcohol to get it off a couple I'm keeping (if it even bothers you). Good news, they are superbly rust free and in beautiful condition. You'll see a little different sheen in a couple places in the pics which is that coating. (yes i copied this from my other listing because I'm lazy)

#113 - An earlier model, beautiful condition, no issues, ready to put to work - $125 w/free shipping

#10 1/2 - Absolutely beautiful, except for the repaired right cheek. Someone brazed a crack, then painted it. I didn't even notice when I bought it, they did a good job. It's a good user and priced accordingly - $60 w/free shipping

#605C - Great condition, the perfect start to a Bedrock collection! No issues, great user or pretty enough for the shelf if you want! There is a little old masking tape on the mouth, it'll clean off fine - $125 w/free shipping
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3some top.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	119.9 KB 
ID:	403251   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3some side.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	134.9 KB 
ID:	403252   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3some back.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	115.2 KB 
ID:	403253   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3some front.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	119.8 KB 
ID:	403254  

If you do curved work and don't have a #113 you don't know what you are missing. It works better than anything else for creating a fair curve and removing mill marks. Very good value being offered here.

John

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by John TenEyck View Post
    If you do curved work and don't have a #113 you don't know what you are missing. It works better than anything else for creating a fair curve and removing mill marks. Very good value being offered here.

John
    Steve owes you a beer for that. Sending PM for the 113. I did not realize the 113 was a compass plane.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Schweizer View Post
    Steve owes you a beer for that. Sending PM for the 113. I did not realize the 113 was a compass plane.
    Just happy to help. You're going to love using that #113. I bought one from a fellow Creeker 5 years ago, maybe more, after reading an article by Paul Schurch (sp) in FWW. Everything he said about it was true. I especially like if for creating fair curves on templates. Nothing works better. I can't remember what issue it was, but you might want to look it up.

John

PM sent for 10 1/2.

Quote Originally Posted by John TenEyck View Post

John
    John, like Malcolm says, I do owe you a beer! Maybe I could get you to write a couple other ads... Agreed, they are great to have for work, with the benefit of looking awesome sitting on the shelf when not making shavings!

#10 1/2 and #113 are sold, 605 is still looking for it's new home.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Schweizer View Post
    Did you get my message Malcolm?