Thread: Delta/Rockwell 34-350 blade insert

Delta/Rockwell 34-350 blade insert

I need a new blade insert and can find nothing online. Which is what I sort of expected. But I wanted to see if anyone on the creek might know of a source. I will make one if I need to. The 34-350 is the 12/14 inch delta/rockwell table saw.
    Last edited by Karl Card; 02-10-2019 at 5:26 PM.
    "To me, there's nothing freer than a bird, you know, just flying wherever he wants to go. And, I don't know, that's what this country is all about, being free. I think everyone wants to be a free bird." - Ronnie Van Zant

Grizzly used to sell them (regular and dado), but from what I have heard on various forums they are no longer in stock, as they discontinued their clone of the 12/14 a number of years ago. It was part number P7209106, and Grizzly shows it as being unavailable. I got the dado version a number of years ago, and it works fine but takes a bit of fitting.

I have made a couple for my 12/14 out of cabinet grade plywood with small screws on the back for leveling and they work fine; normally whenever the slot in the one I use most of the time gets beat up I epoxy a strip of wood into the kerf, recut the slot and go back to work.

Thank you for the info. I have to say I was kind of worried about making one out of wood not sure if it would be heavy enough. The original one is metal and did not know if a light one might fly up as it wanted to. thanks for the part number also I may try an ebay search.
    "To me, there's nothing freer than a bird, you know, just flying wherever he wants to go. And, I don't know, that's what this country is all about, being free. I think everyone wants to be a free bird." - Ronnie Van Zant

Plywood (especially something like Baltic Birch) or solid surface material (Corian) will work fine, and the advantage of a home made insert is you can make it zero clearance, which the factory (or Grizzly) insert is not. The piece to the right of the blade is thin and somewhat fragile but I have been using the same insert for several years, with repairs as needed.

Make sure to drill one or two finger holes so you can remove it. Do that before test fits. Ask me how I know.
    Bil lD.

I can only imagine. lol