Thread: Finish Nailers - Seeking Recommendations

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Finish Nailers - Seeking Recommendations

I am seeking recommendations, input and thoughts on air finish nailers.

I have an 18 gauge B&D Firestorm brad nailer (inherited) that performs well but am in need of something larger in the 15 or 16 gauge size. I am presently researching the forums but in conjunction with my research, I would appreciate anything anyone would like to share, particularly in regard to your preferences, experiences & uses, and the pros & cons of each size, as well as specific brand and model recommendations (affordability, value and quality are appreciated over top of the line higher $$$ models).

Usage would encompass a variety of tasks from furniture making to a multiple other woodworking projects, though it will not be used for general construction type projects. Tasks may also include assembly of various wood projects (up to 1×4 to 2×4 fastening with glue & lap joints), other nail & glue joints and various other activities.

While my present focus is on acquiring a finish nailer, in the future I anticipate adding a 23 gauge pin nailer, possibly a stapler and the option of replacing the 18 gauge brad nailer I presently have if it should fail, so welcome recommendations there too, as well as the option of various kits that include several nailers / staplers.

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by Art Tripp; 02-08-2019 at 8:00 AM.