Thread: Anybody using the 38" iGaging DRO on their Table Saw?

Red face Anybody using the 38" iGaging DRO on their Table Saw?

Hi,

I really like the iGaging DRO I installed on my thickness planer a couple years ago.

While I find my unifence totally satisfactory for my needs, I can't help but wonder if I would enjoy a DRO on the table saw as much as I do on the planer. It seems like I can get the table saw fence set to within 1/32" easily in a repeatable manner as is. But the DRO would be easier to set VERY close to a given setting, time after time, if needed.

Just wondering if anyone here is using a DRO on their table saw and if so, how much they like it. If you have one, would you return it now after using if for a while, if you had the option for a full refund? There is no way I would give back the DRO on the planer...

Bill
    Too much to do...Not enough time...life is too short!

I have a Wixey on my planer and love it. I bought a Wixey for my table saw. I hated it and got rid of it within a year. On the planer you have a wheel crank to get to the number you want. I have a Biesemeyer clone so I bump the fence with my hand to get to the number. Trying to get the number exactly to the thousand drove me crazy. I take my fence off the saw a lot and then you have to cal it. That is not that hard but another step.

I have the Wixey on the table saw and it never worked right from the get-go.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

Wouldn't you need to re-cal it for each different blade kerf width?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Decker View Post
    Yes. Not that hard to do on the Wixey. Move the fence to the saw blade and hit cal or zero or something like that if I recall. I don't know about the Igauging. I had an Igauging on my planer at one time and it was a pain to cal. Might be easier on the table saw.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Decker View Post
    Correct. I have the iGauging on my planer and the Wixey on my tablesaw. I have all my blades ground to .125" kerf so I don't have to re-cal. All my jigs work with all my blades as well. Nothing worse than a nice ZCI on a jig getting hashed due to a .136" blade kerf
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Interesting!

Glad I asked. I think I will put this idea on the back burner. Never thought about the difference in adjustments between the planer and the table saw fence. Makes sense.

Bill
    Too much to do...Not enough time...life is too short!

Bill, I have the Wixey on my TS and find myself still using my tape measure more often than not. It does a good job for repeat cuts, but as mentioned above, it is finicky to adjust the fence to get it precise. I got it for 1/2 price a few years ago, so I can't really complain about the cost too much.
    Steve
    My Dad always told me "Can't Never Could".

SWE

Put a wixey on my tablesaw... Lasted about a month at most and took it off... it still worked as advertised, but do not need that much accuracy....
    About the only digital device I use on a regular basis is the wixey angle gauge... set it on the table saw, hit zero, raise blade & put it on blade to set tilt...love it..