Thread: Plans for homemade 2" X 72" sander

Plans for homemade 2" X 72" sander

I thought I saw in this forum someone made a very nice homemade sander, and would share the plans. I searched and can't find it again. I was aluminum and there was information on the wheels, motors and such. Anyone remember that post and could direct me to it? Thanks in advance!

Might also search the "shop made tools and machines" forum on the main page right below the turners forum link. maybe this is the one you were thinking about - https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....lans-available

But there are other plans other than that one that you can search for in that forum.

Ricc

That was the one, thank you, I should have searched the entire site but I have really only been frequenting the turners forum so I thought is was here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Lindquist View Post
    I thought I saw in this forum someone made a very nice homemade sander, and would share the plans. I searched and can't find it again. I was aluminum and there was information on the wheels, motors and such. Anyone remember that post and could direct me to it? Thanks in advance!
    Do you intend to sand? 2" x 72" belts are usually associated with metal work....

Try searching for "belt grinder" with a good search engine. Include site:sawmillcreek.org to limit the search to this site.

I do have better luck searching Google than on any sites search engine.

The plan is to use for metal yes, one of my co-workers is a blacksmith hobbyist (knives mainly) and he mentioned it yesterday and I remembered seeing the post. We are a bit slow at work and we may make a few for home use.

There is a homemade belt sander group on Facebook. A number of plans and links to parts, VFD’s, belts etc.

Correction. ....homemade belt grinder group....
    Last edited by Peter Christensen; 02-10-2019 at 11:03 AM. Reason: correction