Thread: Excalibur 16 trouble shooting

Excalibur 16 trouble shooting

Need help with a problem on mother in law's Excalibur 16, it slows down and speeds up on its own. When your cutting and when your not cutting. She contacted Excalibur they said they have never heard of the problem. Not sure where to start looking, any help would be appreciated.
    Robert

If she is using a foot pedal I would check that first. They are known for getting contact burns.

The foot pedal may have a partial wire break. You may try holding the foot pedal halfway down with a C clamp, then wiggle the wire where it comes out of the pedal housing.

She doesn't use a foot pedal.i'm thanking its got to be the speed controller.

Can you adjust the speed control to one setting...watch it at that setting and see the variance and then turn it to another position on the potentiometer.....watch it and see the variance at that new setting?
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Flowers View Post
    Need help with a problem on mother in law's Excalibur 16, it slows down and speeds up on its own. When your cutting and when your not cutting. She contacted Excalibur they said they have never heard of the problem. Not sure where to start looking, any help would be appreciated.
    Robert
    Curious to who your mother in law called?
    The original Excalibur saws haven’t been manufactured in years. I know HD and Lowe’s sells them but I think they are manufactured in Taiwan?
    I would call Seyco. They still have Excalibur parts and are very knowledgeable about scroll saws.