Thread: SawStop Contractor vs. Professional - Detailed comparison

Post SawStop Contractor vs. Professional - Detailed comparison

I have written a detailed article that covers the differences between the SawStop Contractor Saw and the Professional Saw. This is to help anyone considering adding either of these saws to their shop.

I attempted to cover all the important points while trying not to make it too convoluted. If there is anything important that I missed, please let me know.

https://www.trentdavis.net/wp/2019/0...-professional/

CNS_vs_PCS_Title.jpg

Real nice write up Trent. I am not sure it is worth a change to your work, I discovered the bar of the miter gauge is improved in the Professional model. The bar has 3 spring loaded ball bearing, set screws for adjusting the side-way slop. The Contractor miter gauge bar can be swapped out with the Pro model. The bar and adjustment set screws can be ordered direct from SawStop.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Brantley View Post
    Real nice write up Trent. I am not sure it is worth a change to your work, I discovered the bar of the miter gauge is improved in the Professional model. The bar has 3 spring loaded ball bearing, set screws for adjusting the side-way slop. The Contractor miter gauge bar can be swapped out with the Pro model. The bar and adjustment set screws can be ordered direct from SawStop.

That's a good one. I'll add it. Thanks for reminding me of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Brantley View Post

Alright, I added a section on the miter gauge. Thanks again for bringing that to my attention.