Thread: Shout out to Reed Gray

Shout out to Reed Gray

Reed I have been revisiting some of your videos of late and just wanted to say thanks you do a good job of explaining things and as well as demonstrating your techniques.

Thanks Ted. I am having too much fun. More videos coming this year. Lidded boxes first, NRSs, and probably one on just the inside of the bowl...

robo hippy

Glad to hear you are enjoying sharing your considerable knowledge with the rest of us Reed!! Thanks!
    Pete

* It's better to be a lion for a day than a sheep for life - Sister Elizabeth Kenny *
    I think this equates nicely to wood turning as well . . . . .

Blog Entries
    Keep reminding us about safety . I jerked the tailstock back from a small hollow form and the drill chuck didn't come . The bit did stay inside the wood ,but i have a reminder in the ways of my new lathe .

I too am a fan of reed grey,,i have his sharpening platform and I love it,,not to mention how much I have learned from him,,especially when it comes to scrapers,,keep them videos coming reed,,

Reed, I'm a beginner so your videos are very much appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to make the videos.

Ditto to all of this. And breathlessly awaiting lidded boxes!!! I'm a huge fan-boy of Mike Stafford, but I can branch out............
    *** "I have gained insights from many sources... experts, tradesman & novices.... no one has a monopoly on good ideas." Jim Dailey, SMC, Feb. 19, 2007
    *** "The best way to get better is to leave your ego in the parking lot."----Eddie Wood, 1994
    *** We discovered that he had been educated beyond his intelligence........
    *** Student of Rigonomics & Gizmology

Waste Knot Woods
    Rice, VA