Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fair price on a used Festool?

I have sold at least 10 Festool tools over the years - normally so I could purchase the newer versions. I don’t believe I have ever got less than 75% of what I paid new and normally I ask 80% of original new price and get it quick. I take tremendous care of my tools so they look new and I include extras like sandpaper or soft pad or whatever. Only Festool items I didn’t sell within a couple days were my Systainers. Almost had to give them away. All the annual price increases makes it super easy to sell used Festool!

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Beckett View Post
    Jeesh, some very strong opinions here.
    Carl
    Festool, Sawstop, and Dust Collection. Three topics sure to get a pendulum swing of opinions, or responses.

My post may have been slightly harsh, and I should have tempered it with adding that I had paid retail for three of my Festool products, and bought the fourth from a fellow 'Creeker. I don't regret any of the purchases, or the money spent. My focus was more on dealing with Craigslist sellers, which I don't think was clear from my response.
    I have been very pleased with the Festool products I have. I think that is an important point for the OP to factor into his decision.
    Last edited by Mike Cutler; 02-06-2019 at 2:23 AM.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

since I have bought most of my festool from recon and have been very pleased with each one, I felt as tho I could suggest the recon to others.
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

I also am happy with my recon purchases. My vac-sys had a dented systainer; I sent a picture, they sent a brand new one. My OF2200 came with the wrong base; which I didn't realize until several months later when I bought the accessory kit and was trying to use dust collection, after an email and phone call the right base was in the mail. Ideally, the tools would have been right in the first place as part of the certification/shipping; but I do think they have good after the sale service when needed.

5. If there is no price listed I’m inclined to start a hair lower then I otherwise would have. Personally, I’m comfortable paying up to about 75% of new on premium brands like festool. I keep an eye out for what they appear to be going for and as long as I’m below average I’m comfortable b/c the worst case is I can recoup my money.

Interesting thing with Festool is they raise their prices every year, so provided they didnt release a new model of a specific tool, said tools resale value actually goes up every year as long as its kept in good condition. I keep all my tools in prestine condition and I have actually MADE money off selling some of my used Festool tools.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Rivel View Post
    Interesting thing with Festool is they raise their prices every year, so provided they didnt release a new model of a specific tool, said tools resale value actually goes up every year as long as its kept in good condition. I keep all my tools in prestine condition and I have actually MADE money off selling some of my used Festool tools.
    Sounds better than any vehicle i've ever bought!! And...it's a point that my Bride might find more believable than what i normally tell her--as she smiles and nods!!
    earl