Thread: New computer....test.

New computer....test.

new computer...went from a Win7 to the Win10,,,,learning about photos....hope I have the sizes about right.

Ran most of the Ash scraps through the saw, today,,,3-4" wide, then resaw to about 3/8" or so thickness...
    resaw set up.JPG
    Something like this. blade can't reach to the half way point...
    box sides.JPG
    So, I had to run each pair through at the bandsaw, to split them apart...
    long slats.JPG
    These longer ones weren't quite as scary to run through...
    part of the clean up in the shop, was to tear down the Stanley 45, and give it a good cleaning,,,even the threads on the bolts. A dab of oil on each bolt, before I packed things away...had even found a couple cutters under the rest of the cutters.
    packed up.JPG
    All shined up, and ready to go. Cutters will get a hone, right before I use them. Screwdrivers?
    screwdrivers.JPG
    That round ball of a handle is from Millers Falls...tiny Rosewood and brass one is a Goodell-Pratt...I think you can id the rest. Square handle one and the G-P are perfect for doing the spurs. I did go out and buy a new sander...as the B&D one is trying to throw a bearing..
    new sander.JPG
    Thinking all those thin boards can be made into a box, or three? Looks like I need to get a plane out, and flatten a few parts..
    resaws.JPG
    And figure out what size to cross cut this to....
    Stay tuned..

There WILL be a delay, before too much else gets done....What started out Sunday morning as a stomach ache....went downhill enough, I wound up in the Hospital ER Sunday evening...a scan showed a highly infected Gall Bladder....which they used a robot for 4 hours, digging out all the bad stuff...Finanlly got sent home today....about..noonish. 4 holes in the belly....and very, very sore...waiting on the belly to heal up....might be a week or two...we'll see..

Wood work can wait awhile.....while I get healed back up....stay tuned...

Get well Steve. Nothing wrong with taking a break and getting healed up.

That doesn't sound like fun. Take it easy and get well.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Sorry to hear this, Steven. Take care.

Regards from Perth

Derek

Don't push the recovery Steven. If you damage yourself final recovery will take longer. DAMHIKT!!
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

Had a lot of help today...went out and bought most of the lumber for a 5 drawer "Chester Drawers" project.....need to do a paper plan ( can sit and do that )and do light weight tasks for a while, not going to push this....maybe a couple hours at a time....letting this belly determine how much I can do.....may start a how-to thread? Maybe add a backstory to this one?

Stay tuned...