Thread: I Pad Mini and Windows

I Pad Mini and Windows

I have been looking for some time for a new tablet. I have always used a Kindle Fire and like it a lot. But kinda wanting to branch out a bit to take advantage of all the apps available from Apple or Android.
    Looking at Android I just cant find anything I like after reading reviews etc...

The Apple I pad Mini has caught my eye. The reviews are GREAT! But I have zero experience with Apple.

My question. What can I expect using the Apple with my Windows based laptop to transfer PDF's, Music etc... Is it even possible?
    Anyone use the I pad Mini with Amazon? All my digital books, videos and music purchased in the past are from Amazon. Will I still be able to buy and read books from Amazon? Not a huge concern as the Kindle fire is cheap enough to get one for that purpose but make a purchase of an I pad mini easier.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

I use an iPad with a Windows desktop machine. Yes, you can move photos, music, and such from the Windows machine to the IOS one. I regularly buy electronic books from Amazon, and download them directly to the iPad.

You will have to install Itunes on your PC (it's free) and create a library into which you copy/paste your music. With that you can transfer your music to your Ipad whenever you sync the two devices. I believe the same applies to pdf's but there may be other ways to do that.

For Kindle books, you'll have to install the Kindle app on your Ipad (it's also free thru the iTunes store). With that you'll have access to everything you have on your Kindle.

I have a mini2 and wouldn't be without it. (I'm using it with a Windows 10 PC but it worked fine with my previous Windows 7 PC). I have two older units of the original mini and have converted them into "kids units" for when my 4 year old twin grandsons visit. They love playing educational games and doing puzzles on them.
    "Don't worry. They couldn't possibly hit us from that dist...."

I've had an iPad mini for years (a 64gig version). I like the size, better than the larger one I have in the shop.

You can read your digital books from Amazon using the Kindle app. My wife does this on her iPad as well as her Kindles, also checking out digital books for free from the local library. (She read over 70 books in January) I use a Kindle Fire or Kindle Paperwhite for most of my digital reading, depending on whether I want to read in color or B&W, inside or in the sun.

I sometimes access SMC and other forums with the Safari browser - it works just like on the laptop but with a smaller screen. I use it in the Full version, not the Mobile version.

JKJ

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lehnert View Post
    I have been looking for some time for a new tablet. I have always used a Kindle Fire and like it a lot. But kinda wanting to branch out a bit to take advantage of all the apps available from Apple or Android.
    Looking at Android I just cant find anything I like after reading reviews etc...

The Apple I pad Mini has caught my eye. The reviews are GREAT! But I have zero experience with Apple.

My question. What can I expect using the Apple with my Windows based laptop to transfer PDF's, Music etc... Is it even possible?
    Anyone use the I pad Mini with Amazon? All my digital books, videos and music purchased in the past are from Amazon. Will I still be able to buy and read books from Amazon? Not a huge concern as the Kindle fire is cheap enough to get one for that purpose but make a purchase of an I pad mini easier.

Thanks everyone. Just the info I needed.
    Looks like a new I-Pad Mini 5 may be out soon. Think I will hold off and see.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale