Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Made a staircase.

That is gorgeous! nicely done.

Thanks for the compliments everyone. A lot of credit goes to my dad, without him helping me on my first staircase I doubt the outcome would've been this nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica de Boer View Post
    Thanks for the compliments everyone. A lot of credit goes to my dad, without him helping me on my first staircase I doubt the outcome would've been this nice.
    Like your Dad I have built hundreds of stairs, and I can say with authority that you have created one outstanding stair. Really beautiful - it's one thing, not a bunch of parts - it has balance and harmony. One question: you have 4 winders in the lower turn and 5 winders in the upper. Space considerations? Aesthetics? Or....
    Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Carey View Post
    One question: you have 4 winders in the lower turn and 5 winders in the upper. Space considerations? Aesthetics? Or....
    My dad actually did the layout to keep the same height for all the steps.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica de Boer View Post
    My dad . . .
    You're lucky to have such a mentor. I never had one and realize I have missed a few lessons here and there along the way which could have forestalled some issues. I'm glad there is this site to fill in the gaps, as a sounding board and a wealth of knowledge and experience. You teach me a lot about design and ambition.

Perfection! Now put a sign up that stops anyone using it so it stays that way.
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening

Fantastic work. I'm a little surprised that its Elm. Elm is pretty difficult to find in the US as Dutch Elm disease has pretty much decimated the native species here.

I bought it from a company that was closing down. They told me they bought it years ago.

Just WOW....

Pretty work, for sure. Is this in the US? Is it the 'main' stair in the space?
    *** "I have gained insights from many sources... experts, tradesman & novices.... no one has a monopoly on good ideas." Jim Dailey, SMC, Feb. 19, 2007
    *** "The best way to get better is to leave your ego in the parking lot."----Eddie Wood, 1994
    *** We discovered that he had been educated beyond his intelligence........
    *** Student of Rigonomics & Gizmology

Waste Knot Woods
    Rice, VA

That is a fantastic job! You and your father do very high level work, hope you were paid well for it!!

No, it's not in the US. And yes, it's the main stair in the room. It leads up to the office.