Thread: New KREG Track Saw

New KREG Track Saw

More information prices, accessories, etc.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5Jdo_R_ANI

Saw and 62" rail US $399.00

https://www.kregtool.com/store/c72/adapt...ng-system/

https://www.kregtool.com/store/c74/indiv...omponents/

https://www.kregtool.com/store/c75/acces...and-parts/

I found the dust collection interesting and from the video it appears to be effective, plus no vacuum and hose!

Hope it is a success for KREG and woodworkers. If this system provides all it promises, I think Festool will have some real serious competition.

Interesting entry into the market. I look forward to some reviews. Thanks for posting.
    Rustic? Well, no. That was not my intention!

Table looks better than MFT.
    Hopefully track is compatible with other tracksaws since Kreg is late to the game.

Well good for them. They'll have to go a long way to match the quality and cut of my Dewalt ($500) or the Makita ($400) or the more expensive festool. But the price looks about right to support selling a reasonable quality product, so this is promising. I wonder what their service network will be. Dewalt service is pretty easily accessible, as I imagine Makita's is.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

5. I'll stick with my Mafell track saw. The first thing I actually thought upon seeing this saw was it looks like it's made by Mafell.

Track looks like Festool/Makita compatible. If it is and the table is cheaper than Festool then it should be a big seller. I wonder if the dust filter will fit my Dewalt?

Has a lot of interesting features with regard to the work table.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica de Boer View Post
    I'll stick with my Mafell track saw. The first thing I actually thought upon seeing this saw was it looks like it's made by Mafell.
    Me too.

I had a similar thought on it's origins as well.

I see the blade is on the correct side of the motor

I saw that too. With a damaged left hand I find my festool a little harder to run that it should be. But I still love it.
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

First thing I noticed was also that blade orientation.
    Maybe I just need to change my work practices with my Festool, but having the blade on the left sure looks "easier" to me.
    The dust bag on the saw appears to work "okay", but you can see at some points in the video that finer dust is being directed at the user's belt line. But hey, a circular saw would still be messier.

Kreg makes some nice stuff. I don't have but a few of their products, but they seemed to put some thought into them as far as the end user is considered. I hope the product does well.
    I will be looking into to the rail compatibility with Festool. Festool's rails are ridiculously priced.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

12. Mafell is the best track saw IMHO , the dealer service is tops. Kreg is a fine co. . with great service also .

If I remember correctly Mafell makes the Bosch track saw.
    Last edited by kent borcherding; 02-03-2019 at 1:53 PM. Reason: CORRECTED

Quote Originally Posted by kent borcherding View Post
    Mafell is a the best track saw IMHO , the dealer service is tops. Greg is a fine co. . with great service also .

If I remember correctly Mafell makes the Bosch track saw.
    I don't think it's opinion, it's a top notch tool, like all of their stuff.
    Comes with a top notch price too.

What really sets it apart in my mind is the tracks. You really can't screw up the alignment.

I just looked at the manual for the table. The track is just held on with a t-track nut and a bolt. It should work with any track(at most have to modify make a new nut). $500 vs $760 for Festool. It should be a winner. I'm thinking about getting one for a portable bench.

I hope the products are a success but I think it’s going to be like all the other Kreg products. A usable offering driven by a price point that means a lot of blue plastic, and the aluminum won’t be the thickness or quality of the higher price point equivalents. I have a lot of the Kreg jigs and other offerings and they certainly feel like they’re intended for a limited life span.

I hope these are a success. I want to see them up close. The blade side is certainly a valid debate to have. Note the 20 mm arbor. Might suggest European manufacture or origin. But certainly determines your blade choices. A lot of people like to bag on the Festool MFT (to be clear I do not own one), but the price break here again seems to come with a lot more plastic parts. I wonder if the aluminum parts are the same thickness, rigidity, etc. I am reserving final judgement until I can see it all up close.