Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buying hardwood

I don't know if you have a chainsaw or if you only want dry.
    If you have a chainsaw keep an eye on Craigslist under the "free stuff" category. I just checked Greensboro and there are 18 listings for "fire wood".
    Also check with tree removal companies, trimmers for power lines, even firewood suppliers. If you check Craigslist under All you get the firewood sellers as well (total 57 listings); homeowners usually use the Free Stuff category.
    "I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Edgar Allan Poe

Quote Originally Posted by jeff oldham View Post
    Does anyone know of a good place to buy hardwood blocks...like 6x6 or 8x8 for bowls online..
    Hi Jeff! I live in Troutman and often visit Wall Lumber in Mayodan, NC - http://www.walllumber.com . It is a very scenic drive to the north from you - less than an hour or so... I picked up some ambrosia maple blocks last time I was there and this goblet popped out!

Ely
    IMG_2699.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jeff oldham View Post
    Does anyone know of a good place to buy hardwood blocks...like 6x6 or 8x8 for bowls online..
    I have purchased from Bell Forest Products, in Michigan. Reasonable pricing for high quality domestic and exotic blanks in many sizes.

Get hold of MIke Smith at Century Tree Turnings. He is in the Raleigh area and has very good wood at reasonable prices

I have bought a LOT of wood from Mike Smith over the years. He even spent a couple nights at our place a few years ago. Nice fellow.

Left click my name for homepage link.