Thread: Laguna Resaw Master

Laguna Resaw Master

Hi all. Anyone out there have hands on experience with the new Laguna Resaw Master bandsaw? I’d like to have a machine that can Resaw a very wide board but still have the flexibility to cut bowl blanks and do moderate curved work from time to time.

I’m sure this is a good choice like Laguna’s other Italian saws. Just want to get some feedback from actual users if you’re out there.

Thanks.

It would help to know the size and specs, but I had the 18" version with the Baldor motor. It was an excellent saw and I wish I had not sold it. It should do anything you need.

The 18” is what I’m looking at. 5hp Leeson motor. I’m pretty certain it will be a great Resaw machine. I just want make sure I can cut circles and bowl blanks when I need to.

Their website and online manual indicates it can do 3/8” but it requires a refit with optional longer lower thrust shaft. Also said it takes a 35amp breaker.

Blog Entries
    Ron if you wind up in my area you are welcome to check out my MM20 for comparison basis.
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.

I think you should consider their LT18as well.

It’s got the same resaw capacity but would be more versitile for all the other stuff without a lot of faf. $700 savings will buy a lot of blades too.

Are you going to be slicing rare or expensive veneers day in and day out? Then, the ResawMaster would be the better choice. If your work is 50/50 I’d go for the LT18.