Thread: Bow Saw Blade

Bow Saw Blade

Making a 30-36" wood bow saw. What is your blade source and how many teeth/in? Most blades I see are for sawing tree limbs or is this typically used for woodworking?.

Blog Entries
    If you know anyone with a band saw you likely know someone with a broken band saw blade you could use.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I've not had luck using bandsaw blades. I am sure I haven't learned the secrets to using them. Would it be that they have to be refiled to a less aggressive pitch? I have dabbled with this subject a couple of times, but have not invested alot time in it.

Google "The Best Things" go to their website and scroll down to saws and accessories and you will find complete line of ECE bow saws and the blades. I don't think they have a bow saw blade as big as you are looking for though. You may have to down size a little. As far a using band saw blades, I can only get them to cut on the pull stroke since they usually have few teeth per inch. I've read you can file the teeth off and re-cut them.
    Life's too short to use old sandpaper.

Blog Entries

Blades in the length you're looking for are available at Blackburn Tools: http://www.blackburntools.com/new-to...kit/index.html

Close, but a bit shorter, at 28 inches, TGIAG: http://tgiag.com/sawplate.html
    Last edited by James Waldron; 02-03-2019 at 12:23 PM.
    Fair winds and following seas,
    Jim Waldron