Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Received Laser different than advertised

time to get the school district lawyers involved.
    if they have boned others then a class action might be in order. At least that's the leverage the lawyers will have.
    Laser: ULS M300-50 watts, ULS X25-75 watt, Chinese 100 and 150 watt
    Software: Corel Draw, Corel PhotoPaint X8, Aspire, MasterCam, Fusion 360
    CNC: Rockler 60th Anniversary Edition CNC Shark, EZ-Route CNC
    Kingsley Hot Stamp machine
    "Out of my mind....Back in 5 minutes"

I do a lot of work for municipalities.

I assume you went through a purchase order process to buy this item. Purchase order process is pretty simple but effective. Vendor sends quote to School. School approves amount/item and puts in a requisition order. Requisition order goes to the Schoolboard Purchasing dept. If approved, it becomes a purchase order. Send purchase order to vendor and they sign off on it. Now we have a contract.

The contract is pretty simple. If vendor supplies what they are supposed to, they get paid. If they don't, they won't.

So at this point, assuming you went through the standard purchasing procedure, the school district is literally not allowed to release the funds because the contract is not met. The vendor has two choices, either meet the contract and get paid or void the contract and not get paid.

In this type of circumstance, the vendor would be crazy to try and bully the school. In the end, they'll never win.
    Equipment: IS400, IS6000, VLS 6.60, LS100, HP4550, Ricoh GX e3300n, Hotronix STX20
    Software: Adobe Suite & Gravostyle 5
    Business: Trophy, Awards and Engraving

Ditto what Russ said. When I was teaching at the CC when I ordered the machine or whatever I wanted, first if it was over a certain amount it had to go out for bids. Otherwise if my Dean approved it and it was on a purchase order then only after I Oked was it considered for payment. If something was wrong then the college legal staff contacted the vender first, then all said and done the State attorneys office got involved if it came to that. I would have never been trying to wheel and deal with the vender.
    Last edited by Bill George; 02-05-2019 at 7:55 AM.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Thanks for the input guys - I turned it over to my administration to handle.

Dave