Thread: Received Laser different than advertised

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Received Laser different than advertised

I'm explaining my problem here to get some different perspectives of my situation from people that deal with lasers more than I do. I ordered a laser from a US company. The laser arrived and it did not match their information listed on their website. Website advertised an 7" touch screen and their new software that would allow me to use macs and windows and was web based so my students could use their chrombooks with the laser. The day the laser arrived I contacted them and told them I received the wrong laser. The salesperson admitted they were still shipping lasers with the older controller and software and not the one they were advertising on the website. I requested they send me the parts to upgrade the laser I received, the right laser or for them to make arrangements to pick this one up. Since that day (87 days ago) it has been a nightmare. They say I received the laser I ordered. They have now changed their website to show the new control screen is a $1000 upgrade but that was not there when I ordered the laser. Realizing I was not going to get what I ordered I offered to take some accessories as compensation for not getting the right laser, now they are accusing me of holding the laser hostage to get free items- I don't want the items, rotary table fume extractor and an extra lens but thought it would be at least something. I have not paid for the laser they are saying I have the laser I ordered and am now past any return policy and demanding payment. I am not trying to get something for nothing just what was advertised. Any advise? What would you do in this situation?
    Last edited by Dave Bonde; 01-31-2019 at 9:39 AM. Reason: error on screen size