Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Received Laser different than advertised

Received Laser different than advertised

I'm explaining my problem here to get some different perspectives of my situation from people that deal with lasers more than I do. I ordered a laser from a US company. The laser arrived and it did not match their information listed on their website. Website advertised an 7" touch screen and their new software that would allow me to use macs and windows and was web based so my students could use their chrombooks with the laser. The day the laser arrived I contacted them and told them I received the wrong laser. The salesperson admitted they were still shipping lasers with the older controller and software and not the one they were advertising on the website. I requested they send me the parts to upgrade the laser I received, the right laser or for them to make arrangements to pick this one up. Since that day (87 days ago) it has been a nightmare. They say I received the laser I ordered. They have now changed their website to show the new control screen is a $1000 upgrade but that was not there when I ordered the laser. Realizing I was not going to get what I ordered I offered to take some accessories as compensation for not getting the right laser, now they are accusing me of holding the laser hostage to get free items- I don't want the items, rotary table fume extractor and an extra lens but thought it would be at least something. I have not paid for the laser they are saying I have the laser I ordered and am now past any return policy and demanding payment. I am not trying to get something for nothing just what was advertised. Any advise? What would you do in this situation?
    Last edited by Dave Bonde; 01-31-2019 at 9:39 AM. Reason: error on screen size

Try web.archive.org. You can go back in time for a website. See if you can find what was listed, print it and tell them either fix it or contact a lawyer. Let them know your next step is legal and show them you have the proof from their site. They’ll either make it right or you’ll have to get the lawyer involved.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Thanks Scott, I did screen shot and save all the pages showing what I ordered before they changed it. But the web.archive might prove I didn't alter anything.

If you have the laser and haven’t paid for it, particularly not what you ordered, I would order from a reputable company, post the name of these idiots so others can avoid them and tell them they have 7 days to come and get it. If this is how they’re treating you now, imagine what it will be like when you need support. You were blessed on this deal.
    355 - 10400 : )

This highlights one of the reasons I don't care to talk on phones (besides not being able to hear)-- I do everything possible by email. If someone contradicts themselves, or I forgot what I told someone, I have proof in writing.

Aside from the non-important 'okay's and redundancies I've deleted, every 'important' email I've ever received or sent since my first day with AOL, I still have. I've needed them more than once too.

Back to your original screenshot, DO look around for anything resembling the phrase "actual product may differ from photos [or description]"... Hopefully you DON'T find it...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

If you paid with a credit card contact the card and file a dispute

Thanks for the input guys I appreciate it. I didn't mention the company name because my intention to post was to get input on my situation and am not trying to damage a company but my situation is real and accurate. The company I am dealing with is Full Spectrum Laser.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Bonde View Post
    Thanks for the input guys I appreciate it. I didn't mention the company name because my intention to post was to get input on my situation and am not trying to damage a company but my situation is real and accurate. The company I am dealing with is Full Spectrum Laser.
    Do a Search for these folks, not really good track record. I guess I was not aware Chromebook was capable of running anything except maybe FaceBook,
    Last edited by Bill George; 01-31-2019 at 9:28 AM.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Ya I realize that Bill, I am a public school employee and am purchasing a replacement laser for my classroom. I am a representative of my school and am trying to do the right thing but still am not willing to be taken advantage of. My intent here is to get different perspectives on the situation and the information members have posted has already been helpful to me. I don't know the laws and don't want to put the school in a negative situation.

Don't most schools have a legal advisor

I do not personally have experience with Full Spectrum, BUT I read a lot of laser reviews and forums posts and given the fact that there are plenty of negative interactions with that company that have been noted here and on other online groups, I'd proceed with extreme caution and assume you may end up disputing the charges.

If this was Epilog, Trotec or ULS, I would say give them the benefit of the doubt it will be resolved to your satisfaction unless proven otherwise. But not in this case. Hope it gets resolved to your satisfaction though.
    60W, Boss Laser 1630
    75W, Epilog Legend 24EX
    Jet Left Tilting table saw and Jet 18" Band saw
    Adobe Creative suite and Laserworks 8

I had a FSL and sold it as quick as I could. The support was nonexistent and the company was horrible to deal with. I understand they are priced pretty well, compared to ULS and Trotec but you get what you pay for. Hopefully they will come get it, so you can purchase another brand.
    Universal 60w VLS6.60 w/ rotary
    RayFine 30w MOPA
    Corel X8, Photoshop

Fab shop with South Bend Heavy 10, Bridgeport 9x42, 185a welder and a multitude of supporting tools/equipment

Blog Entries
    Tell them to come and get it. Your aren't paying for something you didn't receive. If they said Chromebook support, and it doesn't then it doesn't meet your school's specifications.
    Get a Trotec or Epilog.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

I meant glow forge. Auto txt phone correction

I'm not allowed to say anything LOL but search my posts on FSL
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander