Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PDF to Word Downloads

LibreOffice Draw takes care of my PDF editing needs. PDFs were not intended to be edited AFAIK, they were intended to display the same regardless of device, a subset of PostScript I've read.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Carey View Post
    I,ve been using Foxit Phantom PDF for years. Great software. It can convert a pdf to word, excel or powerpoint. I think I paid 49 bucks for it.
    Bill, are the layout and editing features of Foxit good? For example, it appears from the manual that you can open a blank document, type in text, and add photos and move them around. When you size and place an photo can the text automatically wrap around the photo as it does with Word, Pagemaker, or one of the other document creation programs?

This is an example of the type of layout I do:

sample_page3.jpg

I currently use Word to create documentation from scratch then convert to PDF. The method I use not is a pain so I'd like to find a better way, all in one program if possible. I don't mind paying for the software but I don't do this often enough to justify paying for a subscription.

JKJ

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Harms View Post
    LibreOffice Draw takes care of my PDF editing needs. PDFs were not intended to be edited AFAIK, they were intended to display the same regardless of device, a subset of PostScript I've read.
    You're right. But sometimes a colleague will send you a document in pdf, maybe because it was created with a program that you don't have. Being able to edit or make notes on the pdf is valuable.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henderson View Post
    You're right. But sometimes a colleague will send you a document in pdf, maybe because it was created with a program that you don't have. Being able to edit or make notes on the pdf is valuable.

Mike
    LibreOffice draw does at least limited editing. I'm not sure how saving and opening in something other than LibreOffice would work though, never tried it. IIRC, PDFs edited in LibreOffice draw are saved a a hybrid PDF/ODT file. Most times I've edited a PDF in LibreOffice Draw I've wound up editing, printing, signing and either emailing or faxing the final form.