Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: About sharpening handsaws

Blog Entries
    Not being sure what Lowell is trying to get to with his link, here is a link for the Vertas saw file holder:

http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/pag...=1,43072,43086

For 9 other items relevant to various other aspects, of which some are related to saw filing, use the Lee Valley search function and type in > saw filing <.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Yes, I had searched for a sink awhile back. Looks like the link loads a cookie for the last search the user made on the LV site.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Greg Jones View Post
    Yes, I had searched for a sink awhile back. Looks like the link loads a cookie for the last search the user made on the LV site.
    That was my suspicion when your clicking the link came up with sinks and mine came up with drawknives. A recent search of mine was for drawknives.

Since the thread is about handsaw sharpening my best guess was Lowell was trying to send search results for the saw file holder, which didn't quite work.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."

Well, I know Lowell knows a bunch and I want to pick his brain, I guess we'll have to wait on that one. I do have the Veritas saw file holder, good tool.

The site shows a collection of saw sharpening tools. I have many of them and they work.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Winners View Post
    Well, I know Lowell knows a bunch and I want to pick his brain, I guess we'll have to wait on that one. I do have the Veritas saw file holder, good tool.
    One good site for information about saw sharpening is:

http://www.vintagesaws.com

Click on the 'Library' saw to get to the tutorial on sharpening a hand saw.

jtk

It was supposed to be a Paul Sellers site.

I learned to sharpen saws at Homestead Heritage in Waco Texas in one of his classes. He is not there anymore,
    but Frank Straza is as good as Paul.

https://www.homesteadheritage.com/
    Last edited by lowell holmes; 07-17-2019 at 5:23 PM.