Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shop vac hose reel setup - low performance

Quote Originally Posted by William Chain View Post
    with the biggest shopvac I could find (6.5hp model)
    Just as an FYI, the horsepower numbers quoted on shopvacs are not accurate, and cannot be compared to full size dust collectors (nor can they be realistically compared across brands).

It's literally impossible to drive 6.5 horsepower through a 110V/15A outlet. I'm not saying you don't have the biggest one you could find, I'm just saying that comparing the shopvac to a 2 hp dust collector is an apples to oranges comparison. Good luck with your hose issue, sorry I couldn't offer more help.

I have a small Shop-Vac wall mounted unit that came with a 25 foot hose. I connected it through a Dust Deputy and the suction is fine for general clean up tasks. I don't know how it would be for a stationary tool as I haven't tried it with that. It works fine with my track saw, however.

Yes I’m quite aware.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert McMahan View Post
    Just as an FYI, the horsepower numbers quoted on shopvacs are not accurate, and cannot be compared to full size dust collectors (nor can they be realistically compared across brands).

It's literally impossible to drive 6.5 horsepower through a 110V/15A outlet. I'm not saying you don't have the biggest one you could find, I'm just saying that comparing the shopvac to a 2 hp dust collector is an apples to oranges comparison. Good luck with your hose issue, sorry I couldn't offer more help.