Thread: Rikon 10-324 Band Saw questions

Rikon 10-324 Band Saw questions

I have been looking for a used band saw for a few weeks with out much luck. I was hoping to end up with a 14 inch with riser block fence and mobile base for around $600. Now I am thinking about upping my budget and buying new.

Now my questions
    does the Rikon 10-324 go on sale very often? and for how much? It is $899 now at menards where I would like to buy it from since it is the only place I know of less than a hour away from me.
    How is the dust collection? I only have a shop vac with a dust deputy cyclone.
    This will be my first band saw I have a small more hand tool shop. So I think the saw will be for resawing and rip cuts mostly.
    The fence rails on the saw are short and only on the inside. Do you think that not having a fence that can be used on both sides of the blade will be a problem?
    To sum it up I am looking for encouragement to either keep looking for used or hold off for a sail and buy new.
    Last edited by justin sherriff; 01-28-2019 at 8:16 PM. Reason: added question

I haven't seen for much cheaper than $899. Whether you keep looking is up to you. I have had no issues with the fence locking on 1 side of the blade, and I can't think of 1 that locks on both sides unless homemade.

Have you looked at CUWoodshop in Champaign? They may have a used bandsaw, you never know what is on consignment there

I have the 10-326, which allows you to use the fence on either side of the blade and I've never had a need to put it in front. Not a festure that I need.

Have you thought about Acme Tools for the 324? Same price, no sales tax, delivery to your home included.

The 324 at toolcenter.com is 855 delivered, no tax or shipping.
    Last edited by John Goodin; 01-29-2019 at 9:22 AM.

I've had a Rikon 10-324 and I use a Shopvac and Dust Deputy on it. The dust collection is not great - it is from a port at the base of the lower wheel enclosure, so no draw from the actual cutting area. Quite a bit of sawdust escapes.

Otherwise, the saw is a good choice for the price. You can tension a 1/2" blade to 15,000 PSI on it, and properly adjusted, resawing up to 8" or so is entirely practical.