Thread: Alarm Problem with CW-3000

Alarm Problem with CW-3000

I have had my laser for just under two years and have continual issues with my "cooler". About 6 months ago while cleaning the water, this odd piece of goo was caught in one of my lines. I finally got it out and it was like a glob of clear silicone.2018-08-02 16.51.08.jpg
    #GROSS but I thought my issues with the alarm randomly going off were finally over. No so...they had only really begun. I would go for 5-15 minutes gaps where I could not work and now it seems that it doesn't want to go off at all. We have cleaned all lines, tested the water flow from input to output (perfect), fan is running amazing, water is perfect level. The only thing I guess I never paid any attention to is if the pump itself stays on continually or if it cycles on and off. I am ready to find a work around and cut a cord to the alarm (if I knew which one to cut). I actually ordered a new machine but it won't be here until next week and I have jobs that need to be completed. Can anyone help or offer a work around?

Thanks!

Lisa

The pump should always be circulating water (very important). Can you tell if it is pumping? Usually if you gently squeeze the silicone tube going to the laser and release you can see it jump when water is flowing at the correct rate.

Sadly, the little pumps do fail on a regular basis. Ours was dead out of the box and S&A sent a replacement. Took about 3-4 days I believe direct air from China.

Also, do you still have one of the little aquarium pumps? That with a bucket of cold water (usually some ice) is our absolute backup plan.
    60W, Boss Laser 1630
    75W, Epilog Legend 24EX
    Jet Left Tilting table saw and Jet 18" Band saw
    Adobe Creative suite and Laserworks 8

Also, I'm assuming you already know this, but the CW3000 isn't a real chiller. It is more like a water re-circulation machine with sensors. It has no true refrigeration mechanism to actually cool the water. The fan and aluminium tubing do almost nothing to keep the laser tube from raising the temperature.
    60W, Boss Laser 1630
    75W, Epilog Legend 24EX
    Jet Left Tilting table saw and Jet 18" Band saw
    Adobe Creative suite and Laserworks 8

Yes, I know it is not a chiller and thus why I put it in quotes...lol. OK. So yes, the water is pumping quite find. I did the test where I took off the tubes and ran input to output. ok....now the company that I purchased my machine from is saying if all of these things are working, then it is the Flow Sensor and probably not the "chiller" and that I can disengage this piece til I can get another one. They sent me a picture of it (red with a yellow arrow) but I can't find it and they are not giving me info on how to remove it. Any help?

The pump runs continuously on a 3000--

What's scaring me is that glob of silicone you found in the line. It may have a brother or sister wandering around...

I don't know of a workaround other than to flush the system.

You can try this: you need a funnel with a screen in it; put the funnel in the 3000's water fill opening; disconnect the incoming water line and fix it so the incoming water and any guck that comes with it goes into the funnel...

I'm not sure if not being connected to the incoming will trigger the alarm or not (I don't think it will, I've had mine come off more than once an it just pumped water all over the place), but as long as the tank is full is should continue pumping and flushing from the tank, thru the laser tube and back into the funnel. Hopefully you'll find more pieces of guck finding their way into the funnel...

If no more pieces, probably the sensor itself...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle