Thread: 6 sided polygon cabinet plan

6 sided polygon cabinet plan

Hi
    New guy here so I hope i am doing this correctly. My wife and i ran across a 6 sided multi level with pie shape drawers wooden (antique) cabinet that she thought would be a nice addition to her sewing room for her small sundries. Of Course I said "I can Build That". So the challenge was given by her and accepted by me! I Have most tools know to man (old and new) but some times the hardest part of a project is the design phase. Does anyone know where I can put my hands on a set of plans to help me start making some saw dust and noise in my shop. I have tons of material for construction, cherry, maple,ash and beech rough and dimensioned lumber for the basic carcass and would probably use veneer plywood for the drawer boxes. I just need to get some sort of drawings/instructions on the actual construction so I can modify them to our needs. I have experience building cabinets, face frame style with 3/4 veneer plywood boxes. My shop has all tools needed to dimension, rout, shape and panel sand anything I want. Matter of fact my latest additions are Festool track saw system as well as a saw stop PCS to replace my dinosaur Delta 12/14 inch monster table saw. Any help would be appreciated.
    Gary from the Cooperstown New York region

gary, depending on how much experience you have with woodworking, I would think this one is biting off a big chunk if this is an early project for you. All those angles can create some unique and trying challenges. Since you do have some experience with cabinets, why don't you try designing it yourself ? It would be a valuable learning experience that would give you a great foundation for any future projects.