Thread: Teknatool ornamental turner

Teknatool ornamental turner

I got a teknatool ornamental turner used.

Enough of it is there for it to be useful. It's missing some cutters but that's no big deal. It does have the cutting frame manual, and stops. The spanner wrench and Allen wrenches are gone. Again no big deal.

Threading can be done with it I heard. It has the 2 mm pitch bushing but no thread chaser 8mm bolt, or washers. Parts 12, 12a, and 12b on the thread cutting parts diagram. The metric bolt and washers are no big deal... I can't find much info on the thread chaser. Not even a good picture. I should be able to rig something up to substitute for the real thread chaser but info on the web seems to be very sparse indeed.

Can anyone point me toward more info on the thread chaser? Or better yet where to get one and the two other bushings.

Thanks,

Clint

Clint, I don't have one but I know someone who does - I can ask later this week. If you don't get an answer by then, send me a PM reminder after Wednesday in case I forget. I'm out of town now and have a turning demo Wed so I could check Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Clint Bach View Post
    I got a teknatool ornamental turner used.

Enough of it is there for it to be useful. It's missing some cutters but that's no big deal. It does have the cutting frame manual, and stops. The spanner wrench and Allen wrenches are gone. Again no big deal.

Threading can be done with it I heard. It has the 2 mm pitch bushing but no thread chaser 8mm bolt, or washers. Parts 12, 12a, and 12b on the thread cutting parts diagram. The metric bolt and washers are no big deal... I can't find much info on the thread chaser. Not even a good picture. I should be able to rig something up to substitute for the real thread chaser but info on the web seems to be very sparse indeed.

Can anyone point me toward more info on the thread chaser? Or better yet where to get one and the two other bushings.

Thanks,

Clint

I think the Threading attachments is extra. I'm still trying to learn more about the tool. I found this but haven't had time to read it yet.
    https://www.librarybus.com/view?t=no...tal_manual.pdf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZzRtEL7n4w Here is the youtube video that shows it in action.

Thanks for the info. The one using the thread attachment is very helpful. This machine came with the manual. It's very helpful but it is only in black and white. The ones on the net have better pictures and the are in color.

I'm making a three inch thick oak block to adapt the o/t to my bigger swing lathe. Watching glue dry is similar to watching grass grow.

Thanks

Clint