I bought a new Revo 18/36 and have had some issues. I wanted to share and see if others had had similar issues, or at least level-set my expectations.

I love the height and stability of the lathe, it is much more comfortable to turn on than my Jet 16/42. But...

When I unpacked it I found that all the holes that were drilled had little metal disks still attached to the back side of the holes. So I had to make sure and remove them all before wiping off the packing grease or I would have cut my hand. The last part of the threads on the head stock also had debris and I had to remove it and straight out the thin part of the threads - near the head stock, where they start. None of this is major but from a "fit and finish" standpoint I thought they could have done better.

The significant issues were that
1) the revolving center taper was wrong. There was so much slop I could grab it by hand and I could move it and it would make clanging noises. All of my other drive and revolving centers fit fine. In fact they fit great. The alignment was dead-on. I let their customer service know and they sent me a replacement revolving center. This one was better, but was still lose. It does not clang, but when you engage it into the the work it has noticeable wobble. The bearings seem tight and it appears to be on the MT side, not in the guts.
I let them know the second one wasn't great today and I'll see what they say. Maybe I'll be using my Oneway more until I can purchase a good one with threads on it so I can use my various accessories that go with it.

2) When I tried to use the locking levels to hold things down (head stock, banjo, tail stock) the levers would spring back up. If I pushed them down hard enough that I could get them to stay, they were locked down so hard I had to hit them with a mallet to get them to un-stick. Customer service told me the coating on the bar inside can be too slick, so I needed to lightly scruff it with sand paper.
The banjo wasn't too bad to pull apart, lightly sand and then reassemble. I don't think I got it all consistently so I may need to do it again.
The tail stock was not much fun to pull apart, there is grease and key and all kinds of stuff. I managed to do it and it is better.
I have not been brave enough to do the head stock yet. I think I need to clamp it to the lathe and then try and pull the bar out. I don't feel comfortable slinging that large weight around on a work bench and not breaking anything. Of course I'll need to clean up the entire area before I don this because there is probably a greasy key stock like there was in the tail stock.
Also because the locking levers wouldn't work from the factory I assumed they hadn't been set properly so I fiddled with that before I contacted tech support. So I need to go back and readjust the nut on the banjo so it locks and slides better. The "sweet spot" seems to be really small.

I really like the lathe, but the process has been disappointing. Based on the price and marketing I expected a higher quality experience right out of the box. My Jet was always a little off, but come on, it's a mid-range Jet! Now I wish I'd kept the revolving center when I sold it.
I'm wondering if people have had similar experiences with this brand, or others. Am I expecting too much?

Thanks
Wes