Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Shaper questions

Thanks Brent. Just spoke to Barbara at Whitehill to place my order and pay. She was very nice and mentioned numerous sales in last day to people from our forum. I won’t name any names but they were very familiar with your name as a regular patron.

i ordered the flush mount block, extra rebate and scribe blades and only one set of profile knives, a simple R22 roundover blade. Since I can order additional blades online myself I wanted to keep the initial purchase of the block simple until I get going.

One thing that strikes me humorous is that when you look up their address on apple maps a Pizza Hut shows up right across the street from their location. I guess I still don’t expect to see US corporations planted all over the globe for some reason.

Also....... My first international call. Very exciting. LOL
    Last edited by Greg Parrish; 01-30-2019 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Parrish View Post
    Thanks Brent. Just spoke to Barbara at Whitehill to place my order and pay. She was very nice and mentioned numerous sales in last day to people from our forum. I won’t name any names but they were very familiar with your name as a regular patron.

i ordered the flush mount block, extra rebate and scribe blades and only one set of profile knives, a simple R22 roundover blade. Since I can order additional blades online myself I wanted to keep the initial purchase of the block simple until I get going.

One thing that strikes me humorous is that when you look up their address on apple maps a Pizza Hut shows up right across the street from their location. I guess I still don’t expect to see US corporations planted all over the globe for some reason.

Also....... My first international call. Very exciting. LOL
    What's funny is my wife even knows about most of my purchases!

We did a top to bottom Reno of an old 1800s era house and decided to take the time to match the original mouldings where needed so I bought a lot of knives from them for my combi heads over a couple of years. Crown moulding, 2 kinds of casing, doors, wainscotting, 2 kinds of baseboards, chair rail, windowsills and even some T&G flooring. We ended up selling the place in 10 hours or something ridiculous like that and I was really surprised at the number of people who noticed and commented that we took the time to do that. I really didn't think that many folks would notice, and though we'll never know for sure, we both suspect we got our money back including shop time to manufacture it all so that's cool.

Keep us posted on how you make out,

Brent
    https://shorturl.at/mRTU3

Now that I’m finally getting my shop finished up, I just ordered one of these 200mm slot cutters while they one sale with Felder. I previously ordered the Whitehill combi block that covers my rebate head. Hopefully this covers my bases to do tenons and other basic shaper tasks.

Boy it seems like it has taken me a long time to get to this point. I spent all weekend finishing up dust lines, power connections, air compressor lines, etc. all I lack for my next available weekend day is to replace the scales on my KF500 (mm to inch) and calibrate them, and I should be back building.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    Hi Carl, this is the adjustable groover I use for slots and tenon cutting.

http://us.feldershop.com/en-US/en-US...ers-RB-HW.html

I cut both cheeks of the tenon in one pass using a spacer..............Regards, Rod.