Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: computer wizards , snip tool question

computer wizards , snip tool question

is there an easy way to put snip tool into the right clic box? not sure of the proper name but what comes up when you right clic the mouse. Windows 7 box I have Snip Tool on the lower tool bar but in keeping with increased lazyness and older age be nice that it was in that box. I read a bit but the emphasis was not on an easy way.

thanks

Not sure on your question, but an alternative...

Download Greenshot. It's a more robust snipping tool that I feel is easier to use. And you launch the snip tool by just pressing the print screen button on the keyboard.

thanks

what im after is if you have a photo up and want to copy or save you can go to snip tool on the tool bar and clic it. if the photo is up and I right clic the mouse a box comes up wiith stuff in it, I want to put snip tool in that box if possible so I dont have to go to the tool bar. I think from what I read you can do that but didnt follow it plus the box might be different if its a photo in your computer or if you are on the net.

Try a little Utility called X-Mouse.
    You can set it up so that if you press a certain key and right click, it'll open your Snipping tool. Say ALT + Right Click, or maybe S+Right Click?
    Gerry

JointCAM

Easy, yes. Simple . . . depends on how good/confident you are with editing your registry.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VNXc24IZz4

Just a warning, this is the equivalent of working on Win 7's brain . . . so no pressure.

Blog Entries
    Firefox has a Screen Shot option that is available by right clicking. I just found it, haven't tried it. You can also add the windows snipping tool to your menu bar.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Right click on the picture, then copy image. Doesn't that come up?
    After copy, you can paste it to a document or picture file.
    I've never needed anything like a snip tool.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

if I right clic on a saved photo nothing comes up and use snip tool which is fine. I just rather have it come up from right clic than off the tool bar

if im on a net photo and right clic bottom box is screen saver. it sends it downloads all the time and not where I direct it or I can direct it then next time it goes to downloads. Flamone thanks on that bit complicated for me but simple for a computer guy. Sometimes I venture in and its simple and easy sometimes i hesitate but might give it a shot. Looks like it does what I wanted and puts snip tool in the box. Ive added and changed things before on simpler stuff that worked fine.

It's not difficult to do if you are confident enough to edit your registry. Search on " windows 7 adding to right click menu" and you will get several links to instructions on editing your registry to add anything you want to your right click menu. Be sure to back up your registry before you start. The whole process will only take a minutes.
    Grant
    Ottawa ON

what im after is if you have a photo up and want to copy or save you can go to snip tool on the tool bar and clic it. if the photo is up and I right clic the mouse a box comes up wiith stuff in it, I want to put snip tool in that box if possible so I dont have to go to the tool bar.
    I've never even heard of a snip tool, and I work with photos all the time--?

Any photo saved on your computer should have a right click copy option, once copied you can paste it into any other folder or into any photo or graphics program...

I usually have a photo program running-
    *most* photos on any webpage, when right clicked, include the menu option to 'copy image' or 'save image as'- if I copy, I just paste in my photo program. If I save as, I pick a folder and save it-
    Thumbnails don't always include a copy or save option, but if it's what I want, I just hit the "Print Screen" button, then paste the screenshot into my photo program, then crop out what I don't want and save it-
    -like I just did with this page
    ssex.jpg
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

@Kev: Both windows 7 and windows 10 include a "snipping tool" as part of the basic OS. For Windows 10, there is a new tool called "snip and sketch" that adds to the features of the original snipping tool. I find both of these programs to be quick and easy ways to save, copy or print sections of what's on the screen. I have Photoshop and other applications to manipulate graphics, too, but for simple screen cap options, the snippers work well.
    Grant
    Ottawa ON

Just searched and found it-- My old 1990's MGI photosuite does that, 'screen capture' they call it...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Yes, lots of programs will do it, but I understood the OP to be asking about adding the MS one to his right click menu. I understood that he was comfortable with the snipping tool; he just wanted any easy way to open it.
    Grant
    Ottawa ON

yeah snip works simple and easy for me to do posts here, i have a photo of a machine or an aspect of a machine its faster than photo shop as I dont have to resize and make it low resolution. The old XP box had a free version of PHoto shop from the past CS2 maybe and it did all I needed to resize contrast crop etc and it was fast but still more steps than I often need.

Ive saved how its shown to do it right. And will give it a shot just not at the moment. In too many directions. Love to find a competent guy close by that could tweak 20 things. Did find a guy in Toronto but his info is in the XP box that wont open. One more reason that I want to keep drives seperate and on the desk top then be able to just plug into another computer for instant access.

As Grant says lots of ways to do it, I was saving some stuff I kept going to the lower tool bar to open snip and thought if it can be in the mouse right clic as that what I go to next it would be easier. So you guys confirmed it can and showed me where to look to see how to do that so thanks on that.

Warren: Where are you? I may be able to help you from here - Ottawa.

Send me a PM, if you want to tell me where you are but not broadcast it.
    Grant
    Ottawa ON