Thread: Storing Needles, Air Caps, etc.

Storing Needles, Air Caps, etc.

In doing my latest spraying I've come to realize that my lack of a storage container for the various spray gun implements (needles, caps, etc.) is risky. What do other people use, or is there something out there that I haven't found yet?
    Wood'N'Scout

I use rectangular clip top plastic containers. They are the cheap ones from the supermarket. They are unaffected by solvents and so last for years. Cheers

My kit actually came with a plastic container with form-fitting foam insert for all the various combinations and I think you have identified something that is a good idea...a container to, well...contain all these parts and keep them clean and safe from damage. It's a nice little weekend woodworking project, too.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Honey Butter is delicious and provides a nice container.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    My kit actually came with a plastic container with form-fitting foam insert for all the various combinations and I think you have identified something that is a good idea...a container to, well...contain all these parts and keep them clean and safe from damage. It's a nice little weekend woodworking project, too.
    I took Jim's suggestion to heart and created this simple box.HVLPBox1 (2).jpgHVLPBox1 (1).jpg
    Wood'N'Scout

Steve, that's a really nice setup!! Honestly, I like that better than the OEM setup I have, at least from the standpoint of organization and easy identification of things that are there. Bravo!
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Steve, that's a really nice setup!! Honestly, I like that better than the OEM setup I have, at least from the standpoint of organization and easy identification of things that are there. Bravo!
    Thanks for the compliment. My big fear, other than damaging a needle etc., was getting the bits and pieces mixed up. What I did not show is a piece of foam that goes between the lid and the parts that holds everything in place.
    Wood'N'Scout

Good move on the piece of foam!
    --