Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dustopper?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Pratt View Post
    Missed this thread the first time around. One of the woodworking magazines did a comparison a few years ago between the small cyclone separators and various bucket top separators, including the Thien. Results were that the cyclones 'cleaned up' in the fine dust department.
    After watching the spiral action inside the ClearVue it's easy to imagine how important the cone is to fine dust separation.

I tried this product as well. I'd say it does ok with chips and chunks, but a lot of dust makes it by. The DD works better for sure, but I was attracted to this thing on price and height. I did manage to shatter the plastic when I accidentally dropped it. It was out of the box 30 seconds too. I use it for household shopvac duty, it just didn't separate the finer stuff in the shop well enough to trust it. In the house though it does a decent enough job.

Quote Originally Posted by Prashun Patel View Post
    Circling back to this. I have tried to use the dust stopper as a sanding preseparqtor. I am disappointed. Even on a small shop vac the bucket collapsed a little. So much dust made it through to the filter almost immediately and the suction was compromised very quickly.

Ymmv, but I will be throwing the baffle away, repurposing the bucket and using the elbow hose on my dust Deputy.

I’m still happy with the Duststopper. Shop Project – Dustopper
    I have no experience with the DD but what appealed to me about the DS was the low profile. It does reduce the suction a bit but the felt filter in my Fein T3 is staying much cleaner.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney