Thread: David Binnington Savage, 1948-2019

David Binnington Savage, 1948-2019

David Binnington Savage died on Friday, Jan. 18, after a hard-fought battle with cancer. David was an artist, writer, furniture maker and designer.

Not everyone's cup of tea, but a force in the world of woodworking. https://blog.lostartpress.com/2017/0...-david-savage/
    Fair winds and following seas,
    Jim Waldron

Sad to hear but expected. I've been on his mailing list for years, in fact received a post on camping at the school day before yesterday. He will be missed.

ken

RIP David. We'll miss you.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

One can only hope that David Savage was not an avid reader of SMC.

RIP David.
    Last edited by Stewie Simpson; 01-22-2019 at 8:40 PM.

Sad news indeed. I deeply appreciated his integrity toward his vision of his work and his ability to share his process with others in an instructive way.

Sad news. 71 seems too young these days, all the best to his family and friends.

Horrible news. We've lost another great one. I did a much too short a stint with David many years ago and am much richer for the experience. He rather obviously had the 'gift' and by the time I met him it all seemed to come to him so easily. What a giant. I am so sad. One may not have liked the style in which he chose to work and create (I adored and adore it), but I can practically guarantee he could work in yours!

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Guest View Post
    Horrible news. We've lost another great one. I did a much too short a stint with David many years ago and am much richer for the experience. He rather obviously had the 'gift' and by the time I met him it all seemed to come to him so easily. What a giant. I am so sad. One may not have liked the style in which he chose to work and create (I adored and adore it), but I can practically guarantee he could work in yours!
    Nicely said, Charles, thank you.

Kevin