Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: F2 Laser Fire - Don't leave laser unattended!!!

Hi Steve,

Do you mind if I ask what type of camera that was? This was something you added on yourself?

Thanks,

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Dete View Post
    Hi Steve,

Do you mind if I ask what type of camera that was? This was something you added on yourself?

Thanks,

Gary
    Hi Gary, it is a Raspberry Pi and the camera for it. Costs about $60-75 if I recall correctly. It's been in use for years now and never had a problem with it. I made a little acrylic mount and found the best spot for it in the cabinet, mounted the camera to the mount, stuck the mount to the cabinet with 3M tape and it's never moved.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Lightburn site also has USB cameras you can view from within their software.

I run my laptop with HDMI output to a 32" monitor. I just push the camera view window in the software to the 32" monitor and run the software on the laptop screen.

Fiber I will walk away from momentarily (because I mostly etch metal, glass and ceramic which will not catch fire) , but I never walk more than a few feet away from the CO2.

Thanks, Steve!

Thanks, Rob!

If you want an almost free setup. Try alfred for android. You will need a used cell phone for the camera, and a 2nd cell phone as the viewer. Many of use have a few old phone laying around.

Here is a quick video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neZ9UxBQY3o
    Redsail x700, 50watt & Shenhui 350, 50 watt

That's pretty cool, and easy-- and by using Mirror Screen, you can show it on your big-screen...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Clark Pace View Post
    If you want an almost free setup. Try alfred for android. You will need a used cell phone for the camera, and a 2nd cell phone as the viewer. Many of use have a few old phone laying around.

Here is a quick video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neZ9UxBQY3o
    Has it changed recently? I tried it about a year ago and it was bad on pop ups. I ended up uninstalling. Now this was free version.....
    so that has some implications.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others