Thread: Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

21 Jan 2019

Greetings,
    I've been busy working in the shop doing some cleanup and helping a friend of mine make a new top for his home computer desk. Progress on the new top continues and my hope is to get to the stain and clear-coat process this week so it can be moved out of the shop. My daughter and Son-In-Law are getting really close to starting construction on their home and that means that I'll be really busy helping them and also making them a kitchen island top as well as a new kitchen table. Seems like I'm going to be extremely busy for the first half of this year and I'd rather be busy this time of year than in the summer when it's 100 degrees F outside and 100% humidity. We are finally interviewing to hire someone to fill a position on my team at work. My hope is that a decision is made this week and we get to move oncall duty from every 3 weeks to every 4 weeks.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past week?

Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

7EFF33E0-6CBA-477F-9CB8-BD36F2AB55E9.jpgWell, I froze my nose hairs blowing out the driveway, it was -21 with a windchill of -31.

This was the first real day of winter for us.

I also stained the breakfront spice cabinet, I’ve attached a photo of a couple of the doors.......Regards, Rod.

I completed the build of the top for our new kitchen table and am in the middle of the finishing process. My activities for the week above that included finishing up some work for a client to replace the panels in a couple of cabinet doors with glass and finish with the materials she provided (which were not the best choices but still had to be used to match work she already did) as well as working on some inlay work for someone else.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I finished up putting new scales on a kitchen spatula. It has been in my family for as long as I can remember. It is my favorite for omelets, and one of the scales broke. So I hade some African Blackwood or something and made some new ones. It is soaking in mineral oil now.

I also started mocking up a cabinet for under drill press table. I had rearranged a little bit and now it seems like I have more room. But thought I could get some more things stowed away with a small cabinet. Or at least better organized. I also came up with an idea for some dust collection now that things are moved around.

I think I will be out in the workshop more during the week, as it is supposed to get to a high of 0* F this Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    I completed the build of the top for our new kitchen table and am in the middle of the finishing process. My activities for the week above that included finishing up some work for a client to replace the panels in a couple of cabinet doors with glass and finish with the materials she provided (which were not the best choices but still had to be used to match work she already did) as well as working on some inlay work for someone else.
    Jim, I’d really like to see that. I’m going to be starting a table project sometime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Lazz View Post
    Jim, I’d really like to see that. I’m going to be starting a table project sometime soon.
    Build thread is in the Woodworking Projects forum area where we display finished work and build threads.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...