Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bar soap

Duluth Trading - Duke Cannon Big Adz Brick of Soap - Accomplishment. Yeah, it's $9/bar, but I can use an exacto knife to get that one bar into 4 normal sized bars of soap - so it lasts me a good 3 months. Plus it doesn't mess with my allergies at all.

I strictly use body wash. Bar soap used to irritate my skin, not sure why but probably led to me always thinking I can never get the soap off my skin, takes me long to rinse off than to scrub up.

second the Dukes, I get my college boys a combo box each Christmas, and they tend to run out about the time the new box shows up.

For those of you who have skin/itch challenges, especially in the winter, don't shower too much and when you do, only use the soap/detergent where you really need it. They all can have a drying effect and the body is pretty good at taking care of things in the non-sweaty areas. I keep trying to get my daughters to understand this, but...well...you know...that's an up-hill battle!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    I have no trouble with dry skin. I use Ivory and have longer than I can remember. The older I get the less impact that statement has . Let's say I've used it for many decades.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Extreme dry skin, I like Dove. At times I put just water on lower legs ,then olive oil. Home made strigel to remove it.

I used Irish Spring for years before I turned "sensitive". Now I use Dove for sensitive skin, even take it with me when I travel.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

My impression of Ivory was greasy feel to skin after shower. I use Coast, Irish Springs or Zest. I like to mix 'em up every time I need a new bar.

Blog Entries
    Lever 2000 in the shower, Bath and Body Works foaming hand soap at the sink.
    NOW you tell me...

I've used most of them, Ivory when youg (99 44/100% pure) and Dove. Started using Axe when I got a position in Unilever stock. Got out of that stock, still use the soap.
    Young enough to remember doing it;
    Old enough to wish I could do it again.

I mostly Irish Spring. I do have hands like baseball gloves. I use a lot of mineral spirits and grit pump soap. In the winter I go through a lot of hemp cream or bag balm to keep my hands happy

Hand made goat milk soap. My wife has made our soap for about 30 years now. No allergies and no dry skin. Four ingredients and all of them have names that anyone can understand. Cheers

Irish Spring for the last 25 years. Can't get used to the various liquids that the rest of the family uses.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Kirks Castile coco soap is the only bar soap that doesn’t seem tacky when it washes off. I also have a bottle of Jack Black’s body wash but it is so ridiculously expensive I only use it at certain times. It smells great.

“Well, I don’t buy any soap” is pretty funny. I know a couple of guys who brag about having elite status with airlines and hotels with air of superiority. I bet you are more fun to be around.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henderson View Post
    When I was working, I traveled a lot and took the soap (and shampoo) home from the hotel. I never bought any soap. When people would ask me how much I traveled I used to tell them, "Well, I don't buy any soap."

I still travel some but not enough to keep me from buying soap - but I don't buy much.

Mike